Block B Schedule
- Principal Ritchie's Friday Food for Thought: Prom season comes with lots of anticipation, preparation and responsibility. As you make your way to the venue, please make the best choices to get everyone there, and back home safely. I look forward to sharing this special evening with our school!
- The last day to consider schedule changes for the 2018-19 school year is Tuesday, June 12th. Students are welcome to email or see their counselors outside of class time. If you have a conflict between academic courses, your counselor will reach out to you in order to resolve it.
- Finals are coming close! If you need some extra help studying, or a confidence booster, don't forget that Flex Tutoring is still available! Tutors will be under the stairs at lunch only until Thursday so don't procrastinate!
- Locker cleanup: Extra garbage cans will be placed in the halls for locker cleanup. 9th-11th graders may keep their assigned lockers for next year. Please remove all items from your lockers and leave them locked. Seniors must empty their lockers by Thursday, June 14.
- Follow Albany High Yearbook on Instagram at albanyhigh.yearbook, to hear announcements about picking up your yearbook. Seniors will be first to receive their yearbooks starting on Friday, June 8th.
- All Prom student volunteers should plan on attending the mandatory meeting on Friday during lunch in Room 213.
- Seniors: Graduation ticket distribution will be after school this week. Please check with the library and book room to see if you have any outstanding fines to clear before you can get your graduation tickets. Ticket distribution will be only at the end of the school day.
- Investigate this great opportunity to visit Italy next year with your friends. Come to informational meeting at lunch in Room 215 this Friday. Deadline to sign up is June 21. Don’t miss it!
College and Career
- AP Literature will be meeting today in Room M4 during lunch to discuss summer homework.
- AP Spanish Summer Homework Packets will be distributed in class this week to students currently enrolled in Spanish 4 with Ms. Ortega. Students NOT enrolled in Spanish 4 can pick them up from Profe in Room 213 at lunch or after school. Gracias!
Clubs and Teams
- Interested in writing, reading, and performing poetry? Come to Ms. Edber's room--room 206--at lunch on Tuesday the 5th to discuss Poetry Club for next school year! We will talk about days and times that might work for all of us, what kind of poetry we'd like to look at and write, and more!