Block B Schedule
- Principal Ritchie's Friday Food For Thought: A special shout out this week to our 11th graders for their efforts on the SBAC testing. I appreciate the extra time and energy it takes to complete these assessments and am always proud of the results from our student body. Thank you class of 2019 for carrying on and trying your best on SBAC this week.
- Seniors: Cap and gown distribution will be in the atrium today during lunch.
- The California primary election is on June 5th. All registered voters can participate (including AHS 18 year olds). If you have turned 18 recently and want to register for the primary, you have until May 21st and can register on-line here. http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voter-registration/You can also pre-register if you are not yet 18 for future statewide elections at the same site. Let’s show CA that young people are prepared and motivated to VOTE! Many Albany polling locations are near AHS making it easy to vote on June 5th.
- Next Monday, May 21st, BSU, Albany Stands, SPEAK, and AUSD parent groups will be holding a Unity Rally. It will be held at the amphitheater at 3:30 on Monday. There will be performers, songs, food, and fun. The 21st is the last day to register to vote. So, seniors come to the rally and the League of Women voters will be there to assist you in registering to vote. Come and help us celebrate our unity and diversity.
- 11th graders: Bring ear buds if you have your own for SBAC testing in Math and English starting next Monday.
- Free student tickets to a special screening of the film “And Then They Came For Us” are available in the Main Office. Thus film explores the impact of Japanese American incarcerations during Work War II and the implications for muslin Americans today. Tickets for the May 20th screening are available in the Main Office.
- Prom is right around the corner, June 2nd. Tickets will be sold again 5/21 – 5/25 for $95. Dance agreements and list of people who qualify for $5 off prom tickets because of Spring Fling are available on the leadership board.
- Seniors: Speakers at Large speeches are due to the Attendance Office by today..
- The next meeting of the Albany Music Fund will be on Saturday May 19, at 9:30am in the choir room, Room 22, of the high school. Come get involved and we promise we will be done by 10:30!
- Seniors Only: Sign up and register for your Graduation All Night Party at the Albany Bowling Alley.
- Friday, June 15th from 10:00 pm - 5:00 a.m. Tickets are $75 in advance or $100 at the door. Please order your ticket at http://ahsgradnight2018.eventbrite.com (password is GoCougars) or come to the school office to register and pay by cash or check.
- Seniors: Graduation ticket distribution will be after school starting on Tuesday, May 22nd till the last day of school. Please check with the library, bookroom, and athletic director to see if you have any outstanding fines to clear before you can get your graduation tickets. Ticket distribution will be only at the end of the school day.