Block B Assembly Schedule
- Principal Ritchie's Friday Food for Thought: With just six more Mondays remaining in the school year, now is the time to reflect on accomplishments and challenges from the year, and to recognize that we are all in the fortunate position to address any lingering challenges with strategies and direction. For example, I still need to write my graduation speech but am taking it on in sections so that the task does not feel overwhelming. Consider what you still need to accomplish this year, develop a road map that allows you to pursue those goals without feeling rushed, and take time to celebrate your efforts as we move closer to that 2018 finish line together.
- AUSD SUMMER SCHOOL AUSD Summer School is currently enrolling students. This 4-week, free program will be held from June 25 - July 20 with a holiday taken on July 4. The program will be held at Cornell Elementary School. The courses being offered are English and History. Students who have failed an English or History class and need to make up those credits in order to graduate will be given priority enrollment. Students who have received a D in English or History may also request an opportunity to improve their grade in summer school, but enrollment to these students will be given on a first-come, first-served basis based on space in the program. Registration forms are now available in the counseling office. The deadline to register for AUSD Summer School is Friday, May 4 or before. If you need to make up credits for English or History classes that you've earned a D or F in, please turn in your registration forms by May 4 or before. Early registration is encouraged as changes can me made up to the day Summer School begins. Enrollment space is limited. Forms are in the counseling office.
- Seniors: If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown, please stop by the Main Office to get information packet.
- Don't miss the AHS Dance Department's Spring Dance Concert "Inside Out" Thursday, May 3 at 7 pm and Friday, May 4 at 6:00 and 8:15 pm in the Little Theater. Come support your favorite dancers from Dance 1, Dance 2, Albany Dance Company and Albany Hip Hop Crew. Tickets are $5 for students and AHS Staff, and $10 for adults. They are available now on Brownpapertickets.com.
- Prom is right around the corner, June 2nd. Prom tickets on sale next week for $90, 5/1-5/4. Also sold again 5/21 – 5/25 for $95. Dance agreements and list of people who qualify for $5 off prom tickets because of Spring Fling is available on the leadership board.
College and Career
- Hey Juniors the counselors are hosting a Financial aid night just for you and your families on Wednesday May 2nd from 7:00 - 8:30 pm in the library. Don't miss out on leaning about what colleges offer the most merit-based scholarship money, state vs private college and how to pay for your future.
- Hey Cougars! Considering a career in a technical field, such as media, digital arts, science, culinary, construction or cosmetology? You should attend Laney College's Open House tomorrow between 10am and 2pm. There will be free food, demos & tastings. For more information, visit http://laney.edu/cte.Register at bit.ly/cteopenhouse2018.
- n next week’s College Visit line-up, we have University of Toronto on Monday at 8:15am, Louisiana State University on Wednesday and Evergreen State on Thursday. Sign up and see details in Naviance. Space is limited so sign-up today!
- Cougars: The Graduate for Mas Challenge ends next week. Help us earn the full $3000 grant by registering at getschooled.com and completing the Graduate for Mas badge this weekend!
Clubs and Teams
- Bake Sale tomorrow after school for Bake for Charity Club.
- Boys/Girls Swimming @ All Day
- Boys JV Baseball @ 2:30
- Boys V Baseball @ 2:30