Block B Schedule
- Congratulations to seniors Evan Mallah and Mathilde McKeever, and freshmen Josh Bernard-Pearl, David Hummel, Chloe Park, Ellie Park, Sarah Ponicki and Ava Wong, for winning Research and Writing Awards at last weekend's UC Berkeley Model United Nations Conference.
- The lost and found will be donated on Friday, March 9. Check in the attendance office for lost items.
- AHS Theater Ensemble presents Peter and the Starcatchers! Come see this famous prequel to Peter Pan at the Little Theater on Thursday at 7:00pm, Friday at 8:00pm, Saturday at 2:00pm and 8:00pm, and Sunday at2:00pm. The cost is $10 for students/teachers and $15 for adults.
- Albany Mayor Peggy McQuaid welcomes Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley to speak with the community on the topic of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment. Community members and students are invited to participate in the forum on Wednesday, March 7th from 7:00-8:00pm in the Albany Community Center.
- Come out and support the Varsity Boys Basketball team as they host Liberty Ranch High School in the 1st Round of the CIF State Tournament TONIGHT at 7:00pm in Cougar Gym. The first 30 AHS students to arrive will be admitted FREE. Admission is $9 for adults and $5 for students! Hope to see you there!
College and Career
- Attention Seniors! The AHS Local Scholarship and Purdom Family Scholarship applications are now available in the counseling office. One application makes you eligible for numerous scholarships, including some specifically for community college-bound seniors. Pick up your copy and return the completed applications to Ms. Burns no later than Friday, March 30th.
- Cougar Students and Cougar Staff: If you know people with interesting occupations, please suggest that they sign-up to host one or more of our students for Job Shadow Day! They can sign-up at bit.ly/AHSjsd18.
- Juniors: Have you signed up for Job Shadow Day, yet? Sign-ups end tomorrow, so sign-up today.
Clubs and Teams
- All CIEE participants: If you still want to fundraise for your trip this summer, there is a mandatory meeting during lunch this Friday in Room 213 that you must attend.
- Interested in being a mentor to a 4th or 5th grader, come to the BSU meeting on Thursday in room 104 for more information.
- Key Club is meeting today at lunch in Room 302! Sign up for the March Maddness DCM!
- Bring Change to Mind Club meets today in Room 106. All are welcome!
- Boys Tennis @ 2:00
- Boys/Girls Swimming @ 2:15
- Girls Varsity Softball @ 2:30
- Boys Varsity Baseball @ 2:30
- Boys JV Baseball @ 2:45