- Students, would you like to make a real difference with environmental issues? As a student member of the City of Albany's Sustainability Committee, you will have a great opportunity to engage in environmental issues on the local level and make a real-world impact. You will have a chance to learn about environmental policy and be part of the process of making our City a more sustainable place. In particular, you will have the opportunity to engage on climate change issues by helping to implement the City’s Climate Action Plan. Experience in the political process is not necessary; the Student Member has the opportunity to learn about local politics by being a part of this Committee. Confidence and public speaking skills are highly desired, but the most important characteristic is a strong interest in environmental issues. Please see Ms. Ritchie in the main office for more information.
- The PSAT test will be on Saturday, October 14 at Albany High. The cost is $25 and students can pay on Myschoolbucks or with exact change from the book room beginning Sept. 25.September 25-28: Juniors have priority. Sept.29 – Oct.3: Sophomores. Oct.11-12: All other students. More details are posted on the Albany High website and outside the book room.
- School Site Council Meeting: Our first meeting of the year is today from 5:30pm to 6:30pmin the library. Staff members and students interested in serving on Site Council are encouraged to contact Ms. Reimuller via email and come to the meeting tonight.
- School pictures are available for pickup in the Attendance Office. Picture retakes will be on Friday, September 29.
College and Career
- Seniors, College Application Information Night is Tonight! 7pm in the little theater. Don’t miss this important event.
- The free P.T.P.S. fall SAT prep classes have begun! They take place 3:45-5:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. See Ms Parrott to get signed up…
- Attention Jr’s & Sr’s, ages 16 and up: The District Attorney’s Justice Academy is now accepting applications. Daja is a great learning and working experience for those of you interested in pursuing the study of, and/or careers in, politics, social justice, law, and the justice system. For more information, visit, alcoda.org
Clubs and Teams
- Math Club will be held today in Room 313. Come cuz we have candy!
- Gender Sexuality Alliance’s first meeting is on Wednesday @ Lunch in Room 109A.
- Come support the AHS Girls Volleyball team at home against Saint Mary’s, 5:30pm on Tuesday for the JV girls and 7:00pm for theVarsity girls. Remember, students are admitted Free with student I.D.And to the first 100 students that come to the girls volleyball game gets a free t-shirt!
- Come to the Cross Country talent Show on Thursday, September 21st to support your fellow Cougars! The show will be from 6 to p, a $5 donation is requested.
- Calling all Key clubbers! This Wednesday is our first meeting of the year! Come join us if you’re a returning or a new member! See you there!