Block B Schedule
- Seniors: During Advisory today, you will be asked to verify the spelling of your name for your high school diploma. It is important that you verify since the computer does not always print your name the way it should appear on your diploma. There will be no changes made after 1/24.
- Don't miss the AHS Dance Department's Winter Showcase Thursday, January 11 at 7 pm and Friday, January 12 at 6:00 and 8:15 pm in the Little Theater. Come support your favorite dancers from Dance 1, Dance 2, and Albany Dance Company, . $5 donation appreciated.
- A jump drive was found in the library. Come to the attendance office to claim it.
- Congratulations to the AHS Science Olympiad team! They placed 7th out of 30 teams at the Mira Loma Invitational this past Saturday. Medal winners were Maria Fedyk, Alex Kireeff, Philip Lee, William Li, Jonathan Luo, Nathan Skinner, Evan Zhong, and Yunfan Zhong.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: Looking for free money for college? The Berkeley Kiwanis Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Don’t miss this opportunity! Scholarship money ranges from $500 to $12,000 each. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 21st.
- Hey Cougars: Are you interested in exploring the historical and cultural aspects of Hip Hop and its effect on society and education? If so, you should attend Rock the (School) Bells! For details, visit rocktheschoolbells.com or see Ms. Burns in the Counseling Department.
- Want to learn about upcoming scholarships and summer programs? Attend the YMCA Scholarship Expo. Register online at expo.yscholars.org by January 17th.
Clubs and Teams
- There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in playing football next year on Tuesday, Jan. 16th in the Wresting Room. Be sure to show up and meet the new coach!
- There will be a swim team meeting today during lunch in the wrestling room for anyone interested in participating in the swim team this season. Hope to see you there!
- Best Buddies Scavenger Hunt on Thursday, January 11th in Room 219 during lunch.
- Come to an informational meeting on Lockheed Martin’s CodeQuest on Friday, January 12th in Room 310 during lunch.
- Want to stay woke? Then come to BSU! We meet every Thursday at lunch in Room 104. We’re planning for an assembly and Black History Month. You do not have to be black to join.
- The Model UN Club will meet today at lunch in Room 207.
- Softball conditioning is every Tuesday and Wednesday in the weight training room with Ben from 6-7pm until the season starts in early February.
- Key Club meeting today at lunch in Room 302.