posted Mar 2, 2017, 1:00 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- The first review session for the 2017 AP Comparative Government exam will be held at 7pm on Monday evening, 6 March, in Room 207 of Albany High School.
- Attention Readers! The Biology Book Club will be reading “MICRO” by Michael Crichton this Spring. Come to a brief meeting at lunch on Friday March 3rd in Room 306 to discuss the intro and plan our future discussion times. MICRO is a biotechnology thriller set in the rain forests of Hawaii, from the author of Jurassic Park. So, track the book down and join us in 306 on Friday at lunch.
College and Career
- The Annual Albany Police Activities League Scholarship Application is now available in the counseling office for graduating seniors who will be attending four year college or any other post-high school training program. More information can be found on the AHS website.
- On Sunday, March 5th from 9am-3pm, Kaplan will be hosting free Online prep sessions to help students get ready for the SAT on March 11th. For more information and to sign up, visit www.kaptest.com/Prepathon.
- Join us on Monday, March 6th at 7pm for a Parent/Student Ed talk about Community Colleges as a great option after high school graduation. Several speakers, including AHS Counselor Diane Peterson, will discuss the California Community college system, its relationship/transfer process with the State College and UC system, cost and benefits. The meeting will be held in the AHS library and is open to both students and parents at any grade level. Please RSVP to Theresa Bittner, PTSA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure enough seating.
- Will YOU be part of the SIXTH GENERATION of Bay Area Youth Ambassadors? If you want to join Amigos Youth Ambassadors Program, visit: AmigosInternational.org to apply. The deadline is Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
Clubs and Teams
- Best Buddies Surprise Birthday Today Lunchtime Room 219
- One Heart Today Lunchtime Room 211
- Prospective Club Friday Lunchtime Room 209
- Donut Friday! Come help the Track and Field team fundraise by buying some delicious donuts in front of AHS after school on Friday!
- Early Releases today:
- Boys golf @ 2:15pm
- Boys tennis @ 2:45pm