posted Oct 7, 2014, 2:56 PM by PTSA Moderator
updated Oct 7, 2014, 5:01 PM
Block B Schedule:
College and Career
- CAHSEE Testing for 11th and 12th grade students who need to take the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) is this week. Today is the Math portion. Good Luck!
- Lip Sync approval will be held in Rm 22 of the Art Building on October 9 after school for Seniors and Sophomores.
- Freshman decorations meeting this today during lunch in Rm 315. All freshmen welcome to come – no artistic skills necessary – the more the merrier!
- Attention all club presidents! There will be a council of presidents meeting today during advisory in Rm 209. It is crucial that you attend this meeting. We will finalize booths for Town of Terror. If the president cannot attend, please send another representative as booth options will be extremely limited after this meeting!
- Come to the Venture store to be prepared for class. Stop by to get pens! Many teachers require you to use pens over pencils!
Clubs and Teams
- Please join the Counseling Department for our annual College Night this evening from 7:00-9:00 pm. Representatives UC, CSU, Community College and private colleges will discuss admissions, academics, special programs and financial aid and answer your questions. We'll also have sessions on SAT/ACT including a session on changes to the SAT for the class of 2017, and an overview of the college application process especially for 11th graders.
- Alameda County District Attorney's Office is offering an exciting program for students interested in learning about the justice system. The program runs from January to July 2015 and includes a summer internship. For program requirements and an application, see Ms. Fan in the Counseling Office.
- Latinos and community, Conexion Latina meeting today at lunch in room 212. Everyone is welcomed.
- There will be no P-SAC on Thursday as there is a field trip to the Exploratorium and lots of people will be absent.
- Robotics Club Today Lunch Rm 310
- GSA Today Lunch Rm 204 There will be a guest speaker.
- There will be a short AHS Wrestling meeting for all interested athletes at the beginning of lunch on Tues. Oct. 14 in the wrestling room. You can pick up Clearance forms early in the Main Office or from the Athletic Directors Office.
- Girls Soccer Thursday Lunch Rm 218
- Ocean Protection league Today Lunch Rm 304
- Origami Club Monday Lunch Rm 316 All are welcome. Guess what – there’s no food.
- One Heart Christian Club Thursday Lunch Rm 211
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302 We will be discussing the trip to Six Flags. If you are planning on going please come to the meeting.
- Best Buddies First Party of the Year Thursday Lunchtime Room 219 Everyone Welcome!
- The Model UN Club will meet today at lunch in Room 207.
- Please excuse all club presidents for a council of presidents meeting right now. Meeting is in Rm 209. Thank you!