posted Oct 27, 2015, 3:37 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule:
- Do you like pizza? Go to Zachary’s Pizza today and present our flyer to get 15% off your bill donated to AHS Biology Club.
- The Art Club will be having a Halloween bake sale on Friday, October 30th, after school in front of the art building. Be there or be scared!
- The lost and found will be donated at the end of the week. There are many items from homecoming including Cougar Volleyball attire. Come to the attendance office to claim lost items.
- Don’t forget to buy some Zachery’s Pizza today and support the Biology Club. Flyers are in the main office.
- Attention Seniors: Forms for the Disneyland trip have been sent home! Please complete and return them asap. We’re looking forward to seeing y ou all there!
- It’s not too late to purchase a yearbook! Bring $90 cash or check made payable to Albany High School and return to Ms. Radford in Rm 206 or Sabeena Bal. Last chance to take senior portraits at the Hayward studio by November 15th. For more information see Ms. Radford in Rm 206. Confused on how to choose a portrait for the yearbook? Stop by Rm 109B the first 20 minutes of lunch this Thursday, 10/29.
- The 3 on 3 lunchtime basketball tournament is almost here. Grab your friends and come hoop it up in the gym. All are welcome. Please turn in your team roster and team name to Ms. Vasarhely ASAP and no later than Friday, October 30th.
- In celebration of the end of the first quarter, the choirs will be hosting a free karaoke night! Come to the Multipurpose Room at 7:00pm on October 30th. See you there!
College and Career
- In this week's college visit line-up we have:
- Today @ 9:50 - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Today @ 11:00 - Simmons College
- Please join the Counseling Department for our annual College Night tonight from 7:00-9:00 pm. Reps from UC, CSU, Community College and private colleges will discuss admissions, academics, special programs and financial aid and answer your questions. We'll also have an overview of what juniors need to be doing NOW to prepare for college, as well as sessions on SAT/ACT test prep and how to write the college essay. The evening is primarily for AHS Juniors and Seniors and their families, but all are welcome to attend!
- Are you interested in learning more about our judicial and political systems? If so, the District Attorney's Justice Academy is for you! Jr's & Sr's can pick up an application and additional information from the Newsstand between the Counseling and Flex offices. Applications are due next week, so apply today!
Clubs and Teams
- The Winter Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Nov. 5th at 3:00pm. If you are interested in participating on a winter sports team, then your ONLINE athletic clearance must be submitted by the deadline. No hard copies of medical forms will be accepted. A tutorial on how to complete your online athletic clearance will take place today during lunch in the gym. See you there!
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Rm 207
- GSA Today Lunch Rm 204
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302
- Best Buddies Halloween Party Thursday Lunchtime Room 219
- Biology Club Thursday Lunch Rm 306