posted Oct 25, 2016, 6:13 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- AHS Vocal Music Department presents Karaoke Night! Open invitation: come with y our friends and sing along to your favorite songs! Friday, October 28th, 7:00 pm in the Multi-purpose room. Snacks and drinks will be provided. See you there.
- A group of AHS seniors will host a forum for the candidates for the Albany School Board on Tuesday evening, Nov. 1, at 7 pm, in the AHS Little Theater. The forum is free and open to all interested students and members of the community!
- Get scared at the Albany Haunt’s Broken Spine Mine this Saturday the 29th from 6:30 – 10:00 and Halloween from 6:00 – 9:30. A $5 donation to benefit the Alameda County Community Food Bank is appreciated. Event endorsed by Key Club.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: If you are planning on signing a National Letter of Intent to play sports in college next year then be sure to stop by the athletic office to let Mr. Lopez know about your plans. We will be coordinating a signing ceremony on Wednesday, Nov. 9th during advisory and we want to be sure to include everyone.
- Please join the Albany High Counselors for our annual College Night tonight from 7:00-9:00pm in the AHS Theater. Learn about the college admissions process from reps from California public university systems (UC, CSU and Community College) and private schools. The evening is primarily for AHS Juniors and Seniors and their families, but all are welcome to attend!
- Attention College-Bound Seniors: On Wednesday, November 9th @ 6:30p in the Library, we’ll be hosting a Financial Aid Workshop to complete the FAFSA. In order to attend, you must sign-up at bit.ly/C4CatAHS. Space is limited, so sign-up today.
- Alpha College Prep will offer a free ACT, SAT, or SAT II Subject Test assessment on Saturdays 10/29 and 11/5 at 10am at 1471 Solano Ave. To sign up, call 510-984-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In this week’s College Visit line-up, we have
- Thursday - Simmons College, Academy of Art
- Friday - NYU
Clubs and Teams
- BSU Today Lunch Rm 104
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Room 207 The meeting is mandatory for all students travelling with the Club to Berkeley or to Stanford in November.
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302
- One Heart Thursday Lunch Rm 211
- Best Buddies Halloween Party Thursday Lunchtime Rm 219
- Planning on playing a winter sport? If so, be sure to complete your online athletic registration (including your updated Medical Clearance Form) by Thursday, Nov. 3rd at 3:00pm. If you’ve already played a sport this year then just log on to your account and update your information for the sport you want to play. Athletic registration information can be found at GoAlbanyAthletics.org