posted Oct 20, 2015, 6:15 PM by PTSA Moderator
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Block B Schedule
- This Friday will be on an Assembly schedule for Homecoming activities:
- 8:10 – 9:44 2nd
- 9:49 – 10:29 Advisory
- 10:29 – 10:39 Break
- 10:44 – 12:18 4th
- 12:18 – 1:03 Lunch
- 1:08 – 2:42 6th
- Homecoming activities for the week are:
- Today – Tropical Day, Decorations by Class of ’17 and Powderpuff Football Finals in the gym during lunch
- Thursday – Class Color Day, Decorations by Class of ’16 and Boys Volleyball Finals in the gym during lunch
- Friday – Red & White Day, Pep Assembly & LipSync and Homecoming Football Game in the evening
- If you dress up for Homecoming Spirit Day please remember to get yourself tallied at break in front of the school so it counts for homecoming points.
- Come out and support the AHS JV & Varsity Football teams as they host De Anza on Friday, Oct. 23rd for the annual Homecoming game! JV game starts at 4:00, Varsity game @ 6:30. Student admission is only $1.00 if you arrive before halftime of the JV game, otherwise admission is $2.00. See you there!
- Annual Homecoming Movie Night is this Thursday in the Little Theater. The movie selected is “High School Musical”! Come to sing along while getting homecoming points – the most represented class wins.
- I want all of you – Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors to notice your classmates in your grade who don’t have an spirit gear on and tell them to go to the Venture Store at lunch. Not tomorrow or the day after but today to get all their spirit gear so they can support your class…
- Senior Night for the Girls Volleyball team will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 27th as we take on St. Mary’s High School. Come out and help us celebrate the accomplishments of our senior athletes! Ceremony will take place in between the JV & Varsity games at approximately6:30pm. Hope to see everyone there!
- The 3 on 3 lunchtime basketball tournament is almost here. Grab your friends and come hoop it up in the gym. All are welcome. Please turn in your team roster and team name to Ms. Vasarhely ASAP and no later than Friday, October 30th.
- In celebration of the end of the first quarter, the choirs will be hosting a free karaoke night! Come to the Multipurpose Room at 7:00pm on October 30th. See you there!
College and Career
- Please join the Counseling Department for our annual College Night on Wed. Oct 28 from 7:00-9:00 pm. Reps from UC, CSU, Community College and private colleges will discuss admissions, academics, special programs and financial aid and answer your questions. We'll also have an overview of what juniors need to be doing NOW to prepare for college, as well as sessions on SAT/ACT test prep and how to write the college essay. The evening is primarily for AHS Juniors and Seniors and their families, but all are welcome to attend!
Clubs and Teams
- The Winter Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Nov. 5th at 3:00pm. If you are interested in participating on a winter sports team, then your ONLINE athletic clearance must be submitted by the deadline. No hard copies of medical forms will be accepted. A tutorial on how to complete your online athletic clearance will take place on Wed., Oct. 28th during lunch in the gym. See you there!
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Room 207
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302