posted Oct 14, 2014, 4:45 PM by PTSA Moderator
updated Oct 14, 2014, 4:50 PM
Block B Schedule
- Register for the PSAT now! Bookroom window at lunch. $25 cash or check to AUSD.
- Have you ever wanted to write a book? November is National Novel Writing Month, or Na No Wri Mo. Join other Albany High students in trying to write 50,000 words during the month of November. Come to an informational meeting this Friday in the library during Advisory. Be sure to get an Advisory pass ahead of time from Ms Oremland.
- Tomorrow, October 16th, is the AHS music department’s fall preview concert. Come and hear wind ensemble, jazz band, women’s chamber ensemble and chamber singers at 7:00pm in the Little Theater. Admission is free! See you there!
- Join the AHS choirs for the annual Homecoming Movie Night on Thursday, October 23rd. There will be a sing-along showing of Mulan at 7:00pm in the Little Theater. Admission is pay-what-you-want and all donations will benefit music at AHS! Homecoming points will also be awarded for attendance. See you there!
- Donate your cans for homecoming points! The Alameda County Food Bank will be holding the food drive from October 13 – October 24.
- Attention students preparing for homecoming decorations, please use as much recyclable materials as possible since it may earn you homecoming points! Further information to be posted.
- Homecoming is next week! Show your class spirit and win spirit points by dressing up and attending powder puff games, boys volleyball and more! The class with the most spirit points wins Homecoming!
College and Career
- Alameda County District Attorney's Office is offering an exciting program for students interested in learning about the justice system. The program runs from January to July 2015 and includes a summer internship. For program requirements and an application, see Ms. Fan in the Counseling Office.
- Representatives from the U.S. Navy are here today to meet with interested students during lunch at the Counseling Office.
Clubs and Teams
- Winter sports will be starting up soon. Turn in your clearance paperwork at the main office before the November 6th deadline.
- Conexion Latina Today Lunch Rm 212
- GSA Today Lunch Rm 204 We will be going over terms and definitions!
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302 If you are going on the trip to Six Flags it is mandatory that you come to this meeting.
- Quizbowl Thursday (not Friday) Lunch Rm 215 we will discuss CalCups and new tournaments. There will be questions and buzzers.
- Ocean Protection League Today Lunch Rm 304
- Riverkids Today Lunch Rm 214B
- Model UN Today Lunch Rm 207
- The mountain bike club will have a mandatory meeting for new and returning members and their parents or guardians this evening at 7:30pm in Rm 313.
- Please excuse the tennis team at 2:20 today for their match.