posted Mar 22, 2016, 8:35 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- World Language Department's Fun Fact of the Day: Toilet paper was invented in China in the late 1300s. It was for emperors only.
- AUSD summer school is currently enrolling students. This 4-week, free program will be held from June 20th - July 15th. The courses being offered are English and History. Students who have failed an English or History class and need to make up those credits in order to graduate will be given priority enrollment. Students who have received Ds in English or History may also request an opportunity to improve their grade in summer school, but enrollment to these students will be given on a first come, first served basis if there is room in the program. Registration forms are available in the counseling office.
College and Career
- Interested in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics? Build your skills at UC Berkeley's SUCCESS Summer Camp! Visit SUCCESS.Berkeley.edu for more information. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016.
- Attend TeenTechSF@UCBerkeley on Saturday, April 23 from 8:30am-12:30pm and get the inside scoop about the science, tech, engineering, and math scene at UC Berkeley from current UC Berkeley students. Panel discussion, special presentations/demos, plus small group breakout sessions with students majoring in STEM at UC Berkeley's new Maker Space, the Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation which is part of UC Berkeley's College of Engineering. Space is limited so register now at: TTSF-Berkeley.eventbrite.com.
Clubs and Teams
- Korean Club Lunch Today Rm 212 Come and hear about International Food Day and how you can participate! See you there!
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 202
- Are you interested in getting a badminton club team started? If so, there will be an informational meeting at lunch on Friday in Rm 218. Hope to see you there!
- The AHS JV/Varsity football teams are looking for new team members. If you’ve never played before or are unsure about whether or not you want to play, then you should show up to the spring workouts on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 3:30-5:00pm in the weight room to check it out. Hope to see you there!
- Early releases for today
- JV Baseball and Varsity Softball at 1:45 pm