posted Mar 8, 2016, 5:08 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Sophomores & Juniors: please be checking your school emails for a survey about our 2017 prom. Please complete the survey by Thursday, March 17.
- Senior Panos are here. If you ordered one, pick it up in the attendance office. Check out the one hanging in the attendance office. You can still order one if you like it!
- Come support the Varsity Boys Basketball team as they host Shasta H.S. in the first round of the CIF State Basketball Tournament tonight at 7:00pm in Cougar Gym. First 25 AHS students will be admitted FREE!
- Tickets to the Spring Soiree, the spring dance, will be sold every day at lunch today thru March 17 outside the bookroom window for $20. Buy early! Tickets at the door will be $25. Remember to turn in a dance agreement form which can be found next to the joke box across from the attendance office. Guest forms for students not attending Albany High can be found there too.
- Theater Ensemble's Oklahoma follows the bumpy love story of Curly and Laurey at the turn of the last century, during which the rivalry between cowboys and farmers intensifies despite the need to settle the territory. Shows start tomorrow at 7pm! Tickets at the door are $10 for students, and you can purchase online in advance on Brown Paper Tickets!
- Wed, March 16, 2016, Zachary's Chicago Pizza at 1853 Solano Ave will be hosting a fundraiser to help support Albany High School Athletes. Bring in a hard copy of one of the flyers posted around school with your dine in or take-out order between11am-9:30pm and Zachary’s will donate 15% of your bill to Albany Athletics Boosters in support of our student athletes.
- If you haven't registered for the AP Exam, there's still time! Late fees may be applied. March 10th is the last day, so go to http://bit.ly/AHSAP today.
- Free AP Spanish tutoring today at lunch in the library.
- Congrats to Eden Kenney and Julia Glasser for their performance at the state quals speech tournament last weekend. Both of them are headed to the Speech and Debate Quals next month! Congrats.
- Animal shelter club is having a bake sale today after school. Stop by for some baked goods& support the animals.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: The AHS Local Scholarship is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships range from $250 - $1,500. One application qualifies you for multiple scholarships. Apply now! Deadline is March 31st.
- Need extra help to prepare for the SAT? Take a PTPS Crash Course! There are two dated coming up: Saturday, April 9th & 23rd from 10AM to 2PM. For more information visit: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ptps/ Or just APPLY NOW AT: Bit.ly/ptpsspring
- Interested in computer science or curious to learn how games and apps are made? CodeNow is looking for high schools students to participate in their upcoming software engineering workshops. You must apply by Wednesday, March 16at 11:59pm. For more information, visit www.codenow.org/apply.
- Students ages 15+ who are interested in pursuing a medical career, should apply to attend FACES Summer Medical Academy. Applications are due March 18th! For more information, visit: facesforthefuture.org.
- Want know how well you would do on the ACT or SAT? Take a free practice test being offered by Alpha College Prep on Saturday, March 12, at 10am. To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-984-1234.
- Will you be part of the Fifth Generation of Bay Area Youth Ambassadors? If you want to join Amigos Youth Ambassadors Program, visit: amigosinternational.org/grants/apply. The deadline is today.
- Attention Seniors: The Joseph & Dorothy Villa Rotary Club Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships vary from $1,000 to $2,500. The deadline to apply is: Friday, April 15th.
Clubs and Teams
- Key club today lunch rm. 302
- Early releases for today
- JV/V Softball@ 2:00
- Boys&Girls swimming@ 2:15