posted May 31, 2016, 11:29 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Today is Latino Achievement Celebration please join us to celebrate our 2016 Latino grads. 5pm at the amphitheater (grass area).
- Please check the white board outside the counseling office for AP summer work meetings. Note: not all classes hold such meetings. There will also be postings of class list of students who are enrolled in the classes.
- AP Spanish will NOT hold a lunch meeting. Packets will be distributed in Spanish 4next Wed-Fri. Students not currently enrolled in Spanish 4 should stop by Room 213 at lunch to pick up a packet before June 10.
- Summer school class placements have been posted outside the counseling office.
- Extra garbage cans are in the halls for locker cleanup. 9th-11th graders may keep their assigned lockers for next year. Please remove all items from your lockers and leave them locked. Seniors must empty their lockers by Thursday, June 9. You may keep your lock or leave it on the empty locker for reuse.ITEMS LEFT IN SENIOR LOCKERS WILL BE DISCARDED AFTER JUNE 13.
- Have you purchased a yearbook or still want one? Senior yearbook sales and pick-ups begin Friday, June 3rd after the reception at the bookroom window. Distribution to all other students begins Monday, June 6th. Freshmen go to the bookroom window; sophomores and juniors outside the Little Theater. Last day to pick up or purchase a yearbook is Thursday, June 9th.
- Food trucks, face painting, Henna tattoos, Iive music and art! Saturday night from 5-8 on Solano at the Christmas tree lot next to Oori will be an art event for kids of all ages. Next door in the Abrams Claghorn gallery will be the AP art show. Come out and support the visual arts in Albany schools.
College and Career
- Attention Senior Athletes! Are you planning on playing your respective sport in college next year? If so, then please stop by the Athletic Office to give us the details! We want to make sure we recognize all our seniors who plan on playing at the collegiate level.
- Looking for something to do this summer? Visit the Future Focus page on the Albany High School website... You'll find information about internships, travel abroad, and interesting academies. Check it out today!
- Take a free ACT Practice Test at Albany Library this Summer on Wednesday, June 29th, at 12pm-4pm. You'll gain valuable experience taking a full-length mock test under realistic conditions, to better understand the ACT and accurately measure your performance before the actual exam!
Clubs and Teams
- One Heart Thursday Lunch Rm 211 Come for the last meeting of the year.