posted Feb 24, 2015, 4:01 PM by PTSA Moderator
updated Feb 24, 2015, 4:05 PM
Block B Schedule
- The first review session for the 2015 AP Comparative Government exam will be held at 7 pm on Monday evening, March 2, in Room 207.
- Calling all artists! The Art Club is hosting “Late Night Art Time”! Bring your own art projects to work on and any materials you’d like. Be there Friday, 2/27, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm in Rm 128 in the art building. A $5.00 donation and/or potluck item is appreciated.
- Spring Fling is coming soon! Are you feeling the love? If you’d like to publicly propose to your BAE and have a chance at winning free tickets to “Through the Looking Glass,” sign up at the leadership board across from the attendance office.
- Today is Jersey Day! Wear your favorite club or sports gear. Show off your extra curriculars. Leadership will be selling coffee and donuts after school today.
- AHS Theater Ensemble’s production of “Annie Get Your Gun” is coming soon! The show runs from March 12th thru March 15th. Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. Buy them online at http://albanyagyg.brownpapertickets.com/ Also, check out our Facebook page for more information.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: The Joseph and Dorothy Villa Albany Rotary Club Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships vary from $1,000 to $2,500. The application deadline is Friday, April 17th. APPLY NOW.
- Attention Seniors: Looking for up to $10,000 of free money for college? The Berkeley Kiwanis Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Apply Now. The application deadline is Friday, March 20th.
- Attention seniors: If you applied to San Francisco State University, please come to an information session today during advisory about SFSU's Metro Program. The Metro Program provides first year students benefits like academic support and tutoring and a smaller learning community to support your success. Find out more at the info session Wednesday during advisory!
- Representatives from the US Marines will be in the Counseling Office during lunch today to meet with interested students.
- iCLEM is currently accepting applications for its paid summer internship program for sophomores and juniors. Students will be conducting biofuels research alongside UC Berkeley scientists. More information is posted outside Counseling or you can talk to Ms. Fan in the Flex Office. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- The Metropolitan Transportation Commission is offering paid summer internships for students 16 and up. For information about applying, please look at the board outside Counseling or talk to Ms. Fan. Deadline to apply is March 8th.
Clubs and Teams
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Little Theater
- One Heart Christian Club Thursday Lunch Rm 211
- Earth Team Today Lunch Rm 302 We will be getting ready for Golden Sneakers.
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302
- Want to learn how to create cool paper creations? Come to Origami Club! Meetings are Mondays in Rm 316 at lunch.
- Please release boys’ golf at 1:30 today for their match.