posted Dec 15, 2015, 10:37 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- To All Clubs: Deadline to deposit club funds or to pay a bill/reimbursement is today at noon.
- The senior panoramic picture is today during advisory.
- Calling all Theatre Ensemble members interested in the Ashland Shakespeare Festival trip. We still have a few spots available. Get your deposits to Ms. Fahrner before we leave for Winter Break!!
- Attention Seniors: as the Winter Break approaches we would like to remind you all to double check your application deadlines and update any college listings via Naviance. If you have added any schools recently you will need to notify your counselor by Friday, December 18thby 2PM. Counselors will not be checking their emails often and failure to communicate before the break begins may result in our documents being submitted after the deadline. It is also important that you communicate with your teachers as well.
- The library will be closed 4th period today to accommodate EDSET presentations.
- Buy delicious desserts Friday after school to support Deca Club.
- Come to Memorial Park today to listen to music and play tug of war. Bring your lunch! See you there!
- Enter an environmentally-themed work of art to the AHS art blog for a chance to win a $20 Visa gift card. Submit firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't miss the Dance Department's exciting Winter Showcase Thursday, January 7 at 7:00 pm and Friday, January 8 at 6:00 pm and 8:15 pm in the Little Theater! With styles ranging from hip hop to contemporary to the beats of Bollywood, there is a little something for everyone! $5 suggested donation
College and Career
- If you are a burgeoning actor, singer or dancer planning to pursue a career in the performing arts post high school, then AMDA may be the place for you! The first local audition will be held on Sunday, January 10th in San Francisco. For more information visit amda.edu or contact the Admissions Office at 800-367-7908.
- Are you an intellectually adventurous student? Consider attending the Oxford Spring Seminar in March! You'll have the opportunity immerse yourself in Business, English, History, Moth, Engineering, Medicine or Psychology all the while living in Pembroke College. The deadline to apply for scholarship is December 23rd. For more information, visit OxBridgePrograms.com.
- Are you an aspiring artist? Do you have a portfolio? If so, you should have your portfolio reviewed on National Portfolio Day - January 16, 2016! This is an excellent opportunity for students pursuing a future in the visual and related arts to meet with and have your questions answered by representatives from over 30 leading art colleges accredited by the NASAD. For details visit PortfolioDay.net or call 800-447-1-ART.
Clubs and Teams
- Korean Club Today Lunch Rm 21
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Rm 207
- Bring Change to Mind Club Today Lunch Rm M4 Join us for yummy treats and pizza at our holiday party.
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302 Those who still have winter wonder candy cards to turn in for delivery may do so at the meeting.
- Comics Club Thursday Lunch Library Come and talk about pictures with words next to them.
- Biology Club Thursday Lunch Rm 306
- One Heart Christian Club Thursday Lunch Rm 211 Last meeting of the school year.
- UNICEF Club Friday Lunch Rm 211 Bring a small gift for UNICEF Secret Santa celebration!
- Sign up for BSU’s field trip to the Museum of the African Diaspora in Rm 104.