posted Apr 5, 2016, 5:01 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Congratulations to Ms. Wiser's second period class for winning the year's Golden Sneaker Contest with 100% class participation! This year, Albany HS saved 8000 lbs of carbon from being emitted into the earth's atmosphere by traveling sustainably for two weeks. That's equivalent to 8000 yoga balls of pollution! A big thank you to the teachers in the science department for agreeing to participate in this contest, and to all of the students for making green choices that have a huge impact on the earth.
- Students 9th -11th: Are you planning on taking a community college course this summer? You need to come to the concurrent enrollment meeting today at lunch in the little theater. Your awesome counselors will be reviewing how to fill out forms correctly, how to take a placement test and much more.
- AUSD summer school is currently enrolling students. This 4-week, free program will be held from June 20th - July 15th. The courses being offered are English and History. Students who have failed an English or History class and need to make up those credits in order to graduate will be given priority enrollment. Students who have received Ds in English or History may also request an opportunity to improve their grade in summer school, but enrollment to these students will be given on a first come, first served basis if there is room in the program. Registration forms are available in the counseling office.
College and Career
- Seal of Bi-literacy: Class of 2016 - Do you speak 2 or more languages? If so, you may qualify for the State Seal of Bi-literacy, an honor that is listed on your transcript and indicated on your diploma. Please see your language teacher for more information or get the application form from the Counseling or Main Office. They are due on April 29.
Clubs and Teams
- Best Buddies Mtg. Thursday Lunchtime Room 219
- Please release Varsity Baseball at 2:00 today for their game.