posted Sep 12, 2016, 7:15 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Freshmen: come to Rm 212 today at lunch for an informational homecoming meeting. All freshmen interested in participating in homecoming events should attend.
- Are you following the presidential election? Would you like to go to Washington DC to see the next president, possibly the first woman, be inaugurated? If you are interested in learning more about this trip to DC in January, please come to a meeting in room 203 today at lunch or speak with Ms. Hudson.
- Lunchtime Activities begins this week. There will be open gym badminton on Mondays & Fridays and open gym basketball on Wednesdays. Come by the gym at lunch to play and check it out. Bring ID.
- Do you like Krispie Kreme donuts? Come to the Science Club bake sale today after school in front of AHS.
College and Career
- Hey Cougars! Want to learn to code? Apply to CodeNow by Wednesday for the October workshops held in Palo Alto! Visit www.codenow.org/apply for more info.
- Attention Seniors: our annual College Application Information Night is scheduled for Wednesday September 14th at 7:00 PM in the Little Theater. Counselors will be presenting an overview of the application processes for 4- year college bound students. We look forward to seeing you there!
- This week's college visit line-up, we have:
- Today: Goucher College, UCLA
- Wednesday: Reed College
- Thursday: Johns Hopkins
- Friday: Carnegie Mellon
- Come visit with the person who may be reading your application... Sign-up in the Counseling Office today!
Clubs and Teams
- Are you interested in scientific experiments? Are you passionate in biology? Come to biology club meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Room 306. We have a fun experiment waiting for you.
- Math Club Today Lunch Rm 314 We have free candy for everyone.
- The Model UN Club will meet Wednesday at lunch in Room 207
- Best Buddies Club Meeting Thursday Lunchtime Room 219
- The Naked Truth Club Thursday Lunch Room 215 We are creating an open environment for all political viewpoints.
- AHS Quizbowl and Historybowl Friday Lunch Rm. 215 There will be snacks.
- Science Club Friday Lunch Room 306
- Early releases for today:
- Girls Tennis at 1:45
- Girls Golf at 2:00