posted Oct 19, 2015, 3:45 PM by PTSA Moderator
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Block A Schedule
- Come out and support the AHS JV & Varsity Football teams as they host De Anza on Friday, Oct. 23rd for the annual Homecoming game! JV game starts at 4:00, Varsity game @ 6:30. Student admission is only $1.00 if you arrive before halftime of the JV game, otherwise admission is $2.00. See you there!
- Senior Night for the Girls Volleyball team will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 27th as we take on St. Mary’s High School. Come out and help us celebrate the accomplishments of our senior athletes! Ceremony will take place in between the JV & Varsity games at approximately6:30pm. Hope to see everyone there!
- The 3 on 3 lunchtime basketball tournament is almost here. Grab your friends and come hoop it up in the gym. All are welcome. Please turn in your team roster and team name to Ms. Vasarhely ASAP and no later than Friday, October 30th.
- Annual Homecoming Movie Night is this Thursday in the Little Theater. The movie selected is “High School Musical”! Come to sing along while getting homecoming points – the most represented class wins.
- In celebration of the end of the first quarter, the choirs will be hosting a free karaoke night! Come to the Multipurpose Room at 7:00pm on October 30th. See you there!
- I want all of you – Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors to notice your classmates in your grade who don’t have an spirit gear on and tell them to go to the Venture Store at lunch. Not tomorrow or the day after but today to get all their spirit gear so they can support your class…
- Do you have any older unwanted clothes that you want to get rid of? Donate all of your wearable shirts, pants and sweatshirts to the “Have Air Clothing Drive”. To donate or for more information stop by the donation bin outside the main office. Thank you.
College and Career
- Seniors not sure how to fill out your CSU, UC and private applications? Do you need someone to edit your application? Then stop by room 310 today from 3:30 to 5pm for help by the counselors. Computers will be available during this time. If you can not make it after school counselors will be available at lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays to help!
- Please join the Counseling Department for our annual College Night on Wed. Oct 28 from 7:00-9:00 pm. Reps from UC, CSU, Community College and private colleges will discuss admissions, academics, special programs and financial aid and answer your questions. We'll also have an overview of what juniors need to be doing NOW to prepare for college, as well as sessions on SAT/ACT test prep and how to write the college essay. The evening is primarily for AHS Juniors and Seniors and their families, but all are welcome to attend!
Clubs and Teams
- The Winter Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Nov. 5th at 3:00pm. If you are interested in participating on a winter sports team, then your ONLINE athletic clearance must be submitted by the deadline. No hard copies of medical forms will be accepted. A tutorial on how to complete your online athletic clearance will take place on Wed., Oct. 28th during lunch in the gym. See you there!
- buildOn Today Lunch Rm 206
- Knit Together Grow Together Today Lunch Rm M4 Come learn to knit.
- Model UN Club Wednesday Lunch Room 207
- Early releases for today: Freshmen/JV/Varsity football; Girls Golf and Cross Country at 2:00