posted Nov 3, 2014, 5:10 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Join AHS Theater Ensemble for our fall production,”You Can’t Take It With You”! The show runs on Thursday, Friday & Saturday of this week and next, in the Little Theater. Be There!
- If you didn't fill out a Career Day form last week, please do so before Wednesday. Blank forms are located outside Ms. Fan's door in Counseling. Don't miss out on choosing your Career Day presentations!
- Interested in playing lunch time 6 on 6 IM soccer? Please turn rosters into Ms Vasarhely no later than November 5th. Roster should be both male and female and include an appropriate team name. Only one varsity female and male soccer player per team.
College and Career
- The AHS Counseling Dept will be hosting Financial Aid Night on Wednesday November 5th from 7:00 toi 8:30 pm in the AHS Theater. This evening is important for any senior student and family who are planning on attending any type of college next year. Financial Aid applies to 4 year college/universities, community colleges and career training schools. Even if you don’t think you will qualify, you should attend the evening because some colleges' merit scholarships are through the FAFSA only. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Hey Seniors: UC/CSU applications are due this month and private schools are due soon. If you need help with your application, essay, have questions etc., counselors are available for drop-in help on Tuesday and Thursday at lunch in the counseling office or after school until 5:15pm on Mondays in room 310!
Clubs and Teams
- Chess Club Today Lunch Rm. 313
- Ocean Protection Wednesday Lunch Rm. 304
- Animal Shelter Club Today Lunch Rm 209
- One Heart Christian Club Thursday Lunch Rm 211
- Last day to submit paperwork to try out for winter sports is this Thursday at 3:00pm. If you have already participated on an Albany High sports team this year, you are still required to submit a completed Athletic Packet (minus the medical form). Medical forms are good for the entire 14-15 school year.
- Women's Soccer Tryouts: Soccer tryouts will be held on Nov 13th, 14th and 15th at Cougar Field. On the 13th & 14th, tryouts will be from 6pm to 8pm, and 8am to 9:45am on the 15th. Come prepared with soccer cleats, shin guards, running shoes, and some water. If you have any questions, please contact the head coach Lilia Dosalmas by email email@example.com
- Mandatory meeting for all boys trying out for high school soccer! Wednesday, November 5th, beginning of lunch in room 218.