posted Nov 17, 2015, 6:08 PM by PTSA Moderator
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Block A Schedule
- Congratulations to the Model UN Club for its strong showing at this past weekend's Stanford Model UN Conference! Seven Club members were recognized for their performances: Alex Hempel, Andrew Liu and Mathilde McKeever were verbally commended, Michael Wang received Honorable Mention, Ruby Goldstein and Sophia Kamps won Research and Writing awards, and Sarah Xu was named Outstanding Delegate.
- Do you create? Wanna make some money? VENTURE would like to sell your art or craft on consignment during the holiday season. Application deadline extended to 11/20 (Friday). See Ms. Walden in Rm 202 or stop by the store.
- Come support AHS Theatre Ensemble by attending our fall production of “Our Town’. Show dates are November 20th & 21st at 7:00pm and November 22nd at 2:00pm. Tickets are $7 for students/seniors and $12 for general admission. See the posters around the school for ticket information.
- The senior panoramic photo will be taken on Friday, November 20 during advisory in the gym. Order forms are available in the attendance office.
- Howdy y’all. Pull up your bootstraps and dress up for Western Day on Friday the 20th.
- Calling all theatre ensemble members who missed the Ashland meeting last Friday! Please stop by Ms. Fahrner's room (M4) to pick up a letter for your parents/guardians and let her know if you're seriously interested in joining us this year.
College and Career
- Want a little more practice before taking the big test? Come out C2's FREE Fall Testing Event on Saturday, November 21st at 10:00am. Choose from the ACT, old SAT, new SAT, and the New PSAT. Space is limited so register online at "c2educate.com/fall-practice-test" today!
Clubs and Teams
- On your marks, get set, go! There will be a pre-season conditioning information meeting for all sprinters interested in track and field todayafter school in the gym lobby. You only need to attend one meeting.
- All students interested in throwing discus and shot put in the 2016 track season, please attend an informational meeting today, 11/17, at lunch in Rm 207.
- Knit Together Grow Together Club Today Lunch Rm M4
- Heart In Motion Today Lunch Rm 211
- Animal Shelter Club Today Lunch Rm 209
- buildOn Today Lunch Rm 206
- GSA Wednesday Lunch Rm 204
- Model UN Club Wednesday Lunch Room 207 Students interested in attending the Berkeley Conference in March should attendWednesday's meeting.
- Best Buddies Thanksgiving Day Potluck Party Thursday Lunch Room 219 Pls. sign up to bring a dish to share. Sign-up sheet outside of Room 219 door.
- Leo’s Club Thursday Lunch Rm 211 New members are welcome.