posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:09 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Come and support the Girls Tennis Team at our after-school mile tea sale today.
- The Senior Pano is being rescheduled and the new date will be announced when it is determined.
- There will be a blood drive on Wednesday. Sign ups are in the attendance office.
- The lost and found will be donated at the end of this week. Check for lost items in the attendance office.
- A group of AHS seniors will host a forum for the candidates for the Albany School Board this evening at 7 pm, in the AHS Little Theater. The forum is free and open to all interested students and members of the community!
- Sophomores and Juniors: interested in doing something fun over the summer? Interested in Japanese or a culture exchange? Come learn about the incredible opportunity to travel to Princeton University for a 10 day fun-filled diplomatic exchange for free! Information session this Wednesday in Rm 213 at lunch.
- Interested in studying abroad this summer? Come to the Abbey Roads information session on Thursday, November 3rd at 1:15pm in the Counseling Office Conference Room.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: If you are planning on signing a National Letter of Intent to play sports in college next year then be sure to stop by the athletic office to let Mr. Lopez know about your plans. We will be coordinating a signing ceremony on Wednesday, Nov. 9th during advisory and we want to be sure to include everyone.
- Need information about financial aid, scholarships, and jobs that help you offset the cost of pursuing higher education? Make the pledge to Graduate for Mas! You'll receive tips, tools, and texts about everything from navigating high school to acing interviews and it's not just for Seniors, so what do you have to lose? Sign-up at graduateformas.com today!
- Applications for the District Attorney's Justice Academy are due next week. DAJA is a great experience for those of you interested in pursuing the study of, and/or careers in, politics, social justice, law, and the justice system. Pick up an application from the Main Lobby newsstand. For more information, visit, alcoda.org.
- Attention College-Bound Seniors: On Wednesday, November 9th @ 6:30p in the Library, we’ll be hosting a Financial Aid Workshop to complete the FAFSA. In order to attend, you must sign-up at bit.ly/C4CatAHS. Space is limited, so sign-up today.
- In next week’s College Visit line-up, we have:
- Today - Colby
- Thursday - Johnson & Wales, Hawai'i Pacific
- St. Mary’s
- Sign up in counseling
Clubs and Teams
- Planning on playing a winter sport? If so, be sure to complete your online athletic registration (including your updated Medical Clearance Form) by Thursday, Nov. 3rd at 3:00pm. If you’ve already played a sport this year then just log on to your account and update your information for the sport you want to play. Athletic registration information can be found at GoAlbanyAthletics.org
- Animal Shelter Club Today Lunch Rm 209
- Heart in Motion Today Lunch Rm 211
- Model UN Club Wednesday Lunch Rm 207 The meeting is mandatory for all students attending this Saturday's Workshop at Cal or next weekend's trip to Stanford.
- One Heart Thursday Lunch Rm 211