posted Nov 9, 2015, 3:35 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- The Leo’s Club is collecting used glasses to be sent to people in need. Collection boxes are located in the library and attendance office. The club is also collecting used batteries, empty ink cartridges and e-waste to be recycled.
- Come support AHS Theatre Ensemble by attending our fall production of “Our Town." Show dates are November 13th & 14th at 7:00pm, November 15th at 2:00pm, November 20th & 21st at 7:00pm and November 22nd at 2:00pm. Tickets are $7 for students/seniors and $12 for general admission. See the posters around the school for ticket information.
- Club Presidents! Please turn in all paperwork to Ms. Salas in the AHS bookroom. This includes minutes, fundraising approvals and golden rods. DO NOT turn these forms into the main office. They may not be seen in time for your event.
- Feminist Club is having a bake sale after school today in the front of the school.
College and Career
- Attention Students: If you are interested in improving your leadership skills, then Youth Leadership America is right for you! As a member this association, you will work with community leaders and other guest speakers on team-building, marketing and entrepreneurship by attending workshops, doing some career path exploration and going on company tours. This is a great opportunity to invest in your future, so don't miss it! For more information, visit their website at YLamerica.org.
- If you are interested in Engineering and considering UC Berkeley, then this message is for you! Tau Beta Pi (TBP), the National Engineering Honor Society will be offering an Overnight Host Program next weekend on campus. While visiting, you will have the opportunity to experience college life firsthand by interacting with current undergraduate engineering students. There will be activities, faculty speakers, a student panel, information on the UC's various science organizations and tours of their cutting-edge research labs. Applications are due this Friday, November 13.
- In this week's college visit line-up we have:
- Reed College on Thursday at 1:20pm
- Colorado State U on Thursday at 2:30pm
- Come visit with the person who may be reading your application... Sign-up in the Counseling Office today!
Clubs and Teams
- American Red Cross Club Today Lunch Rm 209