posted Mar 7, 2016, 4:06 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Congratulations to Subeksha Sharma and Suppiya Low for their 8th place finish in state-wide competition at the DECA business conference last week! All our VENTURE/DECA students did a great job showing off their many business skills.
- Sophomores & Juniors: please be checking your school emails for a survey about our 2017 prom. Please complete the survey by Thursday, March 17.
- Senior Panos are here. If you ordered one, pick it up in the attendance office. Check out the one hanging in the attendance office. You can still order one if you like it!
- Come support the Varsity Boys Basketball team as they host Shasta H.S. in the first round of the CIF State Basketball Tournament onWednesday, March 9th at 7:00pm in Cougar Gym. First 25 AHS students will be admitted FREE!
- Tickets to the Spring Soiree, the spring dance, will be sold every day at lunch from March 9 – March 17 outside the bookroom window for $20. Buy early! Tickets at the door will be $25. Remember to turn in a dance agreement form which can be found next to the joke box across from the attendance office. Guest forms for students not attending Albany High can be found there too.
- Theater Ensemble is proud to present Oklahoma, the show that changed musical theater forever! Rodgers and Hammerstein's first collaboration features love, a bidding war, rivalry, and people from all walks of life banding together as a brand new state is created. Shows are next week Thursday 7pm, Friday 8pm, Saturday 2 and 8pm, and Sunday 3pm. Tickets at the door are $10 for students, and you can get tickets online at Brown Paper Tickets.
- Wed, March 16, 2016, Zachary's Chicago Pizza at 1853 Solano Ave will be hosting a fundraiser to help support Albany High School Athletes. Bring in a hard copy of one of the flyers posted around school with your dine in or take-out order between11am-9:30pm and Zachary’s will donate 15% of your bill to Albany Athletics Boosters in support of our student athletes.
- If you haven't registered for the AP Exam, there's still time! Late fees may be applied. March 10th is the last day, so go to http://bit.ly/AHSAP today.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: The AHS Local Scholarship is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships range from $250 - $1,500. One application qualifies you for multiple scholarships. Apply now! Deadline is March 31st.
- Students ages 15+ who are interested in pursuing a medical career, should apply to attend FACES Summer Medical Academy. Applications are due March 18th! For more information, visit: facesforthefuture.org.
- Want know how well you would do on the ACT or SAT? Take a free practice test being offered by Alpha College Prep on Saturday, March 12, at 10am. To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-984-1234.
- Will you be part of the Fifth Generation of Bay Area Youth Ambassadors? If you want to join Amigos Youth Ambassadors Program, visit: amigosinternational.org/grants/apply. The deadline is Wednesday, March 9.
- Attention Seniors: The Joseph & Dorothy Villa Rotary Club Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships vary from $1,000 to $2,500. The deadline to apply is: Friday, April 15th.
Clubs and Teams
- Knitting Club Today Lunch Rm M4
- Early releases for today:
- Varsity Baseball at 1:30
- JV and Varsity Softball at 1:45
- Boys Golf at 2:00
- JV Baseball at 2:30
- Boys Tennis at 2:45