posted Mar 28, 2016, 3:17 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Tomorrow’s bell schedule – International Food Day Schedule
We want to suck your blood! Sign up to donate your blood at AHS’s annual Red Cross Blood Drive on Tuesday, April 5th. Parents and friends outside school are all encouraged to donate too! Height and Weight requirements vary so check eligibility and sign up in the Attendance Office starting the week of March 29th.This is the last week to pre-purchase a yearbook. Bring $90 or a check written out to AHS to Ms. Radford in Rm 206. Yearbooks generally sell out so don’t miss this opportunity.It’s March Madness (in April)! Come to the library and vote for the best literary sidekick of all time. Will it be Neville Longbottom? Four? Or Holden Caulfield’s Hat? First round of voting ends this Friday.SchoolCARE is a nonprofit organization that has been funding critical programs and staff at AHS since 2001. This year at AHS, SchoolCARE has provided funding towards the library tech position and 3 elective sections. SchoolCARE values your opinion and needs your input to help decide which priorities will be funded for the 2016-2017 school year. Not every program will be supported, however your input is valuable as we begin to plan for next year. Please complete the online survey before April 8th. You can access the survey using the following URL: http://goo.gl/forms/SfzzobFbEYAUSD summer school is currently enrolling students. This 4-week, free program will be held from June 20th - July 15th. The courses being offered are English and History. Students who have failed an English or History class and need to make up those credits in order to graduate will be given priority enrollment. Students who have received Ds in English or History may also request an opportunity to improve their grade in summer school, but enrollment to these students will be given on a first come, first served basis if there is room in the program. Registration forms are available in the counseling office. College and Career
- 8:10- 9:42 2nd Period
- 9:42- 9:52 Break
- 9:57-11:29 4th Period
- 11:34-12:05 Advisory
- 12:05-12:20 International Food Day Assembly in the Courtyard
- 12:20-1:05 Lunch
- 1:10-2:42 6th Period
- Want to be an EMT? American Health Education is accepting new students. For more information and to register visit AmericanHealthEducation.com.
- Are you a student interested in pre-health, curious about a career in pharmacy, or planning to apply to pharmacy school? If so, we would like to encourage you to attend the 10th Annual Northern California Pre-Pharmacy Symposium (NCPPS) held on the UC Berkeley campus. For more information about NCPPS please visit http://tinyurl.com/ncpps2016. Register for NCPPS at: Eventbrite
- The deadline to turn in the AHS Local Scholarship application is this Thursday, March 31st. One application qualifies you for multiple scholarships. Pickup an application in the Counseling Office and apply now!
Clubs and Teams
- Knitting Club Today Lunch Rm M4 Bring a white shirt for tie dye day.
- There will be another Badminton Club meeting on Friday, April 2nd at lunch in room 218. If you’re interested in getting a badminton club started, then plan on attending the meeting.
- The AHS JV/Varsity football teams are looking for new team members. If you’ve never played before or are unsure about whether or not you want to play, then you should show up to the spring workouts on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 3:30-5:00pm in the weight room to check it out. There will be a mandatory meeting tomorrow during lunch in room 218. All JV and varsity players that expect to play football this upcoming season must be there. The meeting will start at the very beginning of lunch break.
- Early releases for today:
- JV Baseball at 2:30
- Boys Tennis at 2:45