posted Mar 14, 2016, 3:28 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Albany High DECA is collaborating with C2 Education to give students the opportunity to see how you will score on the new SAT March 19th and the new ACT April 2nd, both days from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. For more details please email Suppuya Low at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you interested in becoming a lawyer? Oakland Centerforce needs your help! Centerforce youth court is a youth driven organization that gives first time youth offenders a second chance by utilizing restorative justice practices. They need middle and high school students to volunteer as court clerks, bailiffs, and attorneys. For more information contact program director Angela Adams at email@example.com or at (510) 228-2797.
- Auditions for the Spring Production will be held today after school. For more information contact Michael Singer or Erolina Kamburova.
- Tickets to the Spring Soiree, the spring dance, will be sold every day at lunch today thru March 17 outside the bookroom window for $20. Tickets at the door will be $25. Remember to turn in a dance agreement form which can be found next to the joke box across from the attendance office. Guest forms for students not attending Albany High can be found there too.
- Support Albany High Athletes on March 16th with your purchase at Zachary’s Pizza. Bring one of the flyers posted around school anytime between 11:00 am-9:30 pm and 15% will be donated.
- PSAT scores have arrived and can be picked up in the Counseling Office.
College and Career
- Does your parent or other local professional you know have a really interesting job that your classmates would be interested in learning more about? If so, suggest that they become an AHS mentor. If they’d like more information they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at bit.ly/AHSjsdPro.
- Interested in computer science or curious to learn how games and apps are made? CodeNow is looking for high schools students to participate in their upcoming software engineering workshops. You must apply by Wednesday. For more information, visit www.codenow.org/apply.
- Want hands-on research experience? Apply for the Perception Science Internship at UC Berkeley. For more information visit: www.perceptionscienceinternship.com.
- Are you a student interested in pre-health, curious about a career in pharmacy, or planning to apply to pharmacy school? If so, we would like to encourage you to attend the 10th Annual Northern California Pre-Pharmacy Symposium (NCPPS) held on the UC Berkeley campus. For more information about NCPPS please visit http://tinyurl.com/ncpps2016 register for NCPPS at: Eventbrite
Clubs and Teams
- The Model UN Club will meet Wednesday at lunch in Room 207. The meeting is mandatory for all students interested in attending the Davis Model UN Conference.
- The Red Cross Club meets today at lunch in room 209.
- Knitting Club today at lunch room M4.
- Early releases for today:
- Boys golf @ 2:00
- Jv/V softball @ 1:45
- Boy’s tennis @ 2:00