posted Jan 25, 2016, 4:36 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Speech and Debate did incredible at our annual Stanford Invitational Speech and Debate tournament. Congrats to everyone who competed hard last weekend. Special shout outs to junior Alex Hempel for breaking into semi’s for JV Original Oratory, junior Eden Kenney for making it to Double Octafinals in Varsity Lincoln and sophomore Evan Mallah for breaking into the quarterfinals JV Lincoln-Douglas debate. All three beat over 90% of their opponents from all over the world!
- ATTN SENIORS: During advisory Wednesday you will be asked to verify the spelling of your name for your high school diploma. It is extremely important that you take this seriously as the computer does not always print your name the way it should appear on your diploma. NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES MADE AFTER THIS.
- The course selection process for the 2016-2017 school year is approaching and you will now be registering for your classes online through Aeries. If you are in need of a code to access your account, please see your counselor or Ms. Rodden in the main office.
- Interested in 2017 yearbook or journalism staff? Come to a brief informational meeting in the little theater this Wednesday at 12:35 for yearbook or Thursday at 12:35 for journalism (following the English 3H/AP presentations). Questions? See or email Ms Radford.
- I have several money boxes missing. If you borrowed one and have not returned it to the book room, please do so ASAP.
- Deadline for $20,000! Global Navigator Scholarship applications and letters of recommendation for a part of Albany's $20,000 are DUE on February 1. Students should check "Need & Merit" on the scholarship form in order to be awarded more than just 10% (Merit only) of program costs. If we have more than 10 qualified scholarship applicants, CIEE has more funds available, so go for it!
- Come out to Cougar Field to cheer on the Girls Varsity Soccer Team for the last league home game against Salesian and for Senior Night on Thursday, Jan. 28th, at 6:00pm!! It would be great to have a big crowd to support the seniors, and the rest of the team. GO COUGARS!!
- Come hear the fabulous sounds of Albany High Jazz and R&B musicians and vocalists at Yoshi's Oakland, on Monday, February 8 at 8:00pm. It is a great evening for all, and ticket sales support music in all Albany schools. The more tickets the students sell, the more money is made for the program so ask any student in Jazz Band, Jazz Lab or Rhythm Bound for tickets rather than people buying tickets from Yoshi's directly.
College and Career
- Want to take a look inside the FBI? Check out the FBI Teen Academy. This one-day course is held once a year on the third Friday in April. Please e-mail email@example.com to be added to the distribution list. Applications are accepted this month of January only.
- Attention college-bound Seniors! AHS financial aid workshop is Wednesday, January 27th at 6:30pm. Register at EventBrite.com and search for the Cash for College event "CCFC2016”. Space is limited!
- The East Bay Regional Park District is hosting two Youth Job Fairs, on January 30 at Big Break Visitor Center in Oakley and February 6 at Richard C. Trudeau Training Center in Oakland, for upcoming summer jobs. For more information visit EBparks.org.
- Need help preparing for the SAT? We want to bring in FREE help for you, but we need demonstrated interest.
Clubs and Teams
- The Spring Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Feb. 4th at 3pm. If you’re interested in participating on a spring sports team, then you need to submit your ONLINE athletic clearance by the Feb. 4th deadline. No paper copies of any paperwork will be accepted
- Early releases for today:
- Freshmen Boys Basketball and JV Boys Soccer at 2:15