posted Dec 12, 2016, 8:06 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- The library will be closed 4th period on Wednesday to accommodate the EDSET presentations.
- Do you have any comments, questions, ideas or concerns for your student leadership? Let us know! Fill out and drop off your Cougar concerns at the leadership board on the first floor!
- SENIORS -- ATTENTION! If you did not get to select your senior portrait and would like to do so, please see Ms Radford in room 206 this week or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have until December 16th to submit your short film in Albany Filmfest or the non-competitive Albany Filmmakers Showcase. For more information, visit albanyfilmfest.org
- Get in the spirit of giving! Bring an item of canned food to the boys basketball games Today night and receive free admission, free nachos, and a chance to win gift cards and T-shirts in a special raffle. All food collected will go to needy senior citizens in our community.
- The Prospective Club is running a clothing drive this week. Drop off warm clothes in the atrium.
- The Key Club will be selling Winter Wonder Candy Cards today at lunch for $1 each.
College and Career
- CAL GRANT important: Attention Seniors, we no longer are able to access social security numbers in Aeries. We are not able to submit your Cal Grant information electronically. You will need to complete your portion of the CAL Grant GPA Verification form that is provided by the California Student Aid Commission. This form was emailed to you, hard copies are available in the Counseling Office and on the AHS website under the Counseling tab “Preparing for College Applications”. The DEADLINE to turn in the form is Friday, January 6th to the Counseling Office.
- Hey Cougars! There's still time for making the pledge to Graduate for Mas! Get tips, tools, and texts about everything from navigating high school to acing interviews and it's not just for Seniors. Complete challenges and collect badges for the chance to win scholarships for yourself and a grant for AHS. Sign-up at graduateformas.com today!
Clubs and Teams
- To All Clubs: Please deposit all monies and submit any invoices/reimbursements to pay to Ms. Salas in the book room by Wed., 12:00.
- Feminist Club Today Lunch Rm 109A
- JV/Varsity softball Wednesday Lunch Room 309
- Key Club Wednesday Lunch room 302
- One Heart Thursday Lunch Rm 211 Enjoy food and meet new friends. Bring a present for a game of White Elephant.
- Best Buddies Holiday Party - Thursday, December 15th at Lunch in Room 219
- Come hang out with Sports Medicine Club this and every Thursday at lunch in Room 306. This week we have some alumni coming in to talk about their experiences in college sports medicine, and more practice with ankle taping. Thursday, lunch Room 306. Be there!
- JV & Varsity Boys Soccer @ 2:30
- Freshman, JV & Varsity Boys Basketball @2:45