posted Sep 24, 2014, 3:05 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- On Friday seniors will report to their advisory. Teachers will take roll and then bring them to the gym for a presentation from the Achiever’s representative who will be there to talk about caps and gowns and how to order them. This meeting is mandatory for all seniors.
- Day on the Green is this Friday at lunch in the courtyard. Enjoy pizza and music. Bring money for food and fun.
- Lip Sync approval will be held in Rm 22 of the Art Building on October 7 for the Freshmen & Juniors and October 9 after school in the multipurpose room for Seniors and Sophomores.
- Picture make ups will be next Tuesday, Sep. 30. Students who did not have their photo taken on the first day of school will be called out of class to do so. Students who wish to retake their photo must bring the original packet to the photographer to exchange. Photo order forms are available in the attendance office.
- Seniors: Get your class t-shirts today at lunch in front of the school. Thursday is the last day to get class t-shirts.
- Sophomore homecoming t-shirts are on sale now. You can purchase a t-shirt after school near the flagpole.
- This week is the American Library Association's annual Banned Books Week. Did you know that every year there are attempts to censor or remove books from schools? Celebrate your intellectual freedom today at lunch by reading or listening to short excerpts from books that have been considered controversial. The event will be held in room 201.
- All freshmen signed up for lip sync should come to Rm 315 at lunch today, 9/25.
College and Career
- Albany High will be offering the PSAT on Saturday, October 18 at 8:00am. Sign-ups will be held at the bookroom window at lunch.
- Representatives from the US Marines will be here to meet with interested students today during lunch at the Counseling Office.
Clubs and Teams
- Ultimate Frisbee Club Today Lunch Rm 313
- Black Student Union Today Lunch Rm 104
- Speech & Debate Team Today Lunch Rm M1
- Best Buddies Meeting Today Lunchtime Room 219
- Biology Club Today Lunch Rm 306
- League of Legends Club Friday Lunch Rm 205
- Chamber Music Club Today Lunch Rm 20
- No meeting for P-CAC today in order to prepare for something awesome for next Thursday. To keep your mind stimulated, think about this problem: “How did scientists discover the electron?"
- Please excuse the tennis team today at 2:35pm.
- Please release ALL AHS Volleyball players today at 2:00pm for their away match at St. Joseph’s.
- Girls golf team to be released today at 2:30 for their golf match in Vallejo.