posted Sep 23, 2015, 3:07 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Albany High will be offering the PSAT on Wednesday, October 14 from 8:00 to noon. Registration for the test will take place at the book room window during lunch from 9/22 to 9/25. Juniors will have priority registration on Tuesday, 9/22 and Wednesday, 9/23. Sophomore registration will be on Thursday, 9/24 and Friday, 9/25. All grades may register on 9/25. The cost is $25. Please pay with exact change or a check payable to AUSD with the student's name in the memo line. Students must show an ID when they register. If you have financial need, please contact your counselor.
- Picture Make up day is Tuesday Sep. 29. If you did not have your picture taken before you can pick up order forms in the Attendance Office. If you want to retake your picture you must turn in your original package to the photographers. Pick up picture packages ASAP in the Attendance Office so that you can decide whether you want a retake.
- This Friday there will be a Class of 2018 bake sale after school in front of the Arts Building. Come by for a tasty treat after a long week of school.
- Friday show your school spirit by dressing up as a character from a cartoon, movie or TV show.
- Come out for the Albany Community Triathlon on Sept. 27th! The event is a super sprint: 17 lap swim in the pool, 11 lap bike and 3.5 lap run around AHS and Memorial Park. Plus festivities. If you don't want to enter on your own, enter as a team. AUSD students pay less and receive a $10 refund on completion of the course. See albanytri.com for more details.
College and Career
- Thinking about applying to a California State University? Come to CSU College Night hosted by CSU East Bay tonight from 6pm to 8pm at the Oakland Marriott City Center located at 1001 Broadway, Oakland CA 94607. You will have access to all 23 campuses in one night, meet with a CSU admission rep. and have the opportunity to attend a financial aid workshop.
Clubs and Teams
- What’s Your Will Today LUNCH RM.109A Come learn more about Shakespeare! There will be snacks.
- Speech and Debate Today Lunch & After School Rm. M1
- Best Buddies Party Today LUNCH RM. 219
- First UNICIF MTG. FRI. LUNCH RM. 211 Come join!
- Quiz Bowl Friday Lunch Rm 215
- Comics Club Today Lunch Library by the comfy chairs. Be there and draw squares.
- Leo’s Club today Lunch Rm 211. Leo’s Club is a volunteer service group dedicated to local participation at community events.
- Do you want to see your own DNA strands or get free biology tutoring in preparation for the first biology unit test? Then come today at lunch to Rm 306.
- Please release Girls’ Golf at 2:00 for their match and all Volleyball athletes at 3:00 for their game.