posted Nov 16, 2016, 4:58 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday Monday will be a Block B schedule.
- Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the Physics classes' Mousetrap Car Competition last week. The First Place winning car of the Mousetrap Car Competition was "Swift Cheese" by Briahna Jackson, followed by "The KW" by Kaeden Wemmer and Mark Riggio-Kerley. Honorable Mentions went to "Zoom Zoom" by Hannah Murray and Estine Kim, and "Uber-Lyft" by Brian Pennington-Kent and Trey Dao.
- AHS Theater Ensemble presents “Bright Ideas” by Eric Coble on Thursday & Friday at 7:00pm, Saturday @ 2:00 & 8:00pm and Sunday @ 2:00pm. Come find out just how far Joshua & Genevra Bradley will go to get their child into the “Bright Ideas Childhood Development Academy” in this contemporary adaptation of Shakespeare’s MacBeth. Tickets are $10 for students, teachers & senior citizens and $15 for adults. We guarantee you’ll never look at pesto the same way again!
- Madrigal Delights is back! Enjoy a full four-course meal, madrigal and holiday-themed music, and a show written by students Toby E., Terra B., and Mahima S! Let the entire choir program serve YOU in Renaissance style! See any vocal music student for details or check us out at <albanyvocalmusic.com/madrigal.
- To All Clubs: If you borrowed a money box from the book room and have not returned it, please do so by Friday or your club will be charged for replacing.
- Need a mental break? Come to the library today at lunch for the Cute Animal Film Festival sponsored by AHS Muggle Studies.
- Five days off? $50,000!--Spend some of your Thanksgiving vacation applying for a Global Navigator GOLD Scholarship! You could win a fully paid trip to one of 14 countries in Summer 2017! Applications are due on December 1 at www.ciee.org/highschoolsummer, so go for it!
- Did you know that an easy way to prevent animal homelessness is to make sure that families can feed their pets? Please bring unopened wet or dry cat or dog food to the library to be donated to the Berkeley Humane Society. We will be collecting now thru November 23rd.
College and Career
- SENIORS: Did you miss the Cash 4 College FAFSA Workshop last week? Do you still need information on how to Fund Your Future? If so, be sure to grab a folder full of CA$H info from Ms. Parrott's outbox in the Counseling Office. Supplies are limited. So get yours today!
Clubs and Teams
- OneHeart Today Lunch Rm 211
- Harry Potter Alliance Club Today Lunch Library
- Prospective Club Friday Lunch Rm 209