posted Mar 2, 2016, 4:07 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Huge congrats to Eden Kenney and Evan Mallah for making it to States for Lincoln-Douglas Debate! They claimed two of the ten spots out of almost 200 Lincoln-Douglas debaters!
- The first review session for the 2016 AP Comparative Government exam will be held at 7 pm on Monday evening, March 7, in Room 207
- It's Freshmen Debate time! Are you a Junior or a Senior interested in being a judge, moderator, timekeeper, usher or debate coordinator? Check your school mail for a sign up form from Ms. Oremland. Responses are due by Monday.
- Don't miss the incredible show that set the standards for musical theater to this day! Theater Ensemble is proud to present Oklahoma, starting next Thursday!
- If you haven't registered for the AP Exam, there's still time! Late fees may be applied. March 10th is the last day, so go to http://bit.ly/AHSAP today.
- Please donate professional clothing to Prospective Club’s clothing drive “Dress for Success”! Donations will go to low-income youth in Berkeley. You can place donations on the rack in the atrium.
College and Career
- College costs keep rising, but going to college doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank. College Consultant Nicole Hosemann and Financial Coach Elizabeth Maggio have created a workshop for parents and teens to help you develop College Financial Savvy. March 12, 2016 9:00 am - 1:00 pm in Berkeley. You can register online at Brown Paper Tickets for the College Financial Savvy workshop. Check the counseling office info table for a flyer with more details.
- Will you be part of the Fifth Generation of Bay Area Youth Ambassadors? If you want to join Amigos Youth Ambassadors Program, visit: amigosinternational.org/grants/apply.
- Attention Seniors: The Joseph & Dorothy Villa Rotary Club Scholarship application is now available in the Counseling Office. Scholarships vary from $1,000 to $2,500. The deadline to apply is: Friday, April 15th.
Clubs and Teams
- Comics Club Today Lunch Library
- Biology Club Today Lunch Rm 306
- Team Tibet Monday Lunch Rm 217 Discussing upcoming events for this month. There’ll be snacks and drinks.
- Early releases for today: