posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:59 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Don't miss the Dance Department's exciting Winter Showcase tonight at 7:00 pm and tomorrow at 6:00 pm and 8:15 pm in the Little Theater! With styles ranging from hip hop to contemporary to the beats of Bollywood, there is a little something for everyone! $5 suggested donation
- Interested in playing co-ed, 6 on 6 lunchtime indoor soccer? If so, teams must have at least 3 females and 3 males on each team and only 1 varsity soccer player on each. Please include an appropriate team name as well. Rosters are due to Ms. Vasarhely no later than Tuesday, Jan. 12th to be included.
- Students: check the due date on your library books. Many, many, many people have due dates for Monday January 4th which means you have until the end of the week to return or renew your books to avoid library fines.
- Feeling nervous about Finals! Don’t forget, Flex tutoring is offered Monday through Thursday in the Flex Office. Please arrive in the first 5 minutes of lunch to be matched with a tutor. Flex Tutoring is first-come, first-served.
- Are you a soccer player interested in merging your passion for soccer with a desire to benefit others? If so, Soccer Without Borders has a great opportunity for you. For more information, contact Cristy Peterson at Cristy@soccerwithoutborders.org or (510)318-2511.
- Attention students: in three weeks, plastic disposable water bottles will no longer be sold at AHS. This week, single-use bottles will not be sold in the gym lobby vending machine. Next week, they will not be sold in the cafeteria. In three weeks they will no longer be sold anywhere at AHS. Please bring your own reusable water bottle to school! If you don’t own one, stop by the Venture Store and purchase one for only $10.
College and Career
- Study abroad this summer for FREE! We have $20,000 to be divided among AHS students who complete the Global Navigator Scholarship application by February 1. Informational meeting on Monday, January 11 at 6:30 PM in Room 213 for students and parents. Profe has travel brochures in Room 213!
Clubs and Teams
- One Heart today Lunch Room 211
- Biology Club today Lunch Room 306
- Come on down to Cougar Field today to cheer the men’s soccer team against league powerhouse Richmond High School. JV kick-off is at 4:00, varsity at 6:00. As is the usually the case against Richmond, this will be a tough game and the team can use everyone’s support. Go Cougars!!
- Speech and Debate: All those registered to go to the Stanford Invitational are required to attend both lunch and afterschool meetings this week and next week on Thursday in Room M1
- Best Buddies Movie Day - Saturday, January 16th (meet at 10:00 a.m. @ El Cerrito Plaza BART). Please note the change in dates and get a permission slip from Room 219
- Early releases for today: none
- Friday: Girls Wrestling at Napa Tournament 9am (all day)