posted Jan 28, 2016, 3:46 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Assembly Schedule
- Want to Design and Build? Do you want to learn wood technology and advanced machinery including 3D printer, CNC milling machine, laser cutter and more? Come find out about “Design and Build”, the new engineering pathway at AHS with Physics and CAD classes! Don’t miss the informational lunch meeting today in Room 301.
- The Social Science Department will have an informational on the electives offered for next year on Tuesday, February 2nd at Lunch in the Little Theater. This includes AP Comp Govt/World Religions, AP Art History, Psychology, World Problems, and California History. Come learn about the curriculum and the course.
- Deadline for $20,000! Global Navigator Scholarship applications and letters of recommendation for a part of Albany's $20,000 are DUE on February 1. Students should check "Need & Merit" on the scholarship form in order to be awarded more than just 10% (Merit only) of program costs. If we have more than 10 qualified scholarship applicants, CIEE has more funds available, so go for it!
- Come hear the fabulous sounds of Albany High Jazz and R&B musicians and vocalists at Yoshi's Oakland, on Monday, February 8 at 8:00pm. It is a great evening for all, and ticket sales support music in all Albany schools. Ask any student in Jazz Band, Jazz Lab or Rhythm Bound for tickets or buy tickets online at Yoshis.com
College and Career
- Interested in going to Malawi or Samoa? Seeking academically focused cultural immersion. Excited to conduct real field research? The University of Rochester’s Pre-College off-campus and abroad programs might be just the opportunity for you. The application deadline is February 15, 2016. For more information, visit enrollment.rochester.edu/precollege.
- Are you a 9th or 10th grader with a GPA below 2.5 who is interested in going to college? If so, UC Berkeley's RAZA Retention and Recruitment Center's FREE Overnight Host Program may be the perfect opportunity for you. Space is limited and applications are due next Friday, February 5th so apply today! For more information visit raza.berkeley.edu.
- Seeking academically focused cultural immersion. Excited to conduct real field research? The University of Rochester’s Pre-College off-campus and abroad programs might be just the opportunity for you. The application deadline is February 15, 2016. For more information, visit enrollment.rochester.edu/precollege
- Want to take a look inside the FBI? Check out the FBI Teen Academy. This one-day course is held once a year on the third Friday in April. Please e-mail email@example.com to be added to the distribution list. Applications are accepted this month of January only.
- The East Bay Regional Park District is hosting two Youth Job Fairs, on January 30 at Big Break Visitor Center in Oakley and February 6 at Richard C. Trudeau Training Center in Oakland, for upcoming summer jobs. For more information visit EBparks.org.
- Need help preparing for the SAT? We want to bring in FREE help for you, but we need demonstrated interest. If you would be interested in using these services, sign-up with Ms. Parrott in the FLEX office.
Clubs and Teams
- The Spring Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Feb. 4th at 3pm. Must submit ONLINE only. No paper copies will be accepted
- Early releases today
- Freshmen, JV and Varsity Boys Basketball at 2:15