posted Jan 27, 2016, 5:23 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
Tomorrow will be a Block B Assembly schedule
- Interested in 2017 yearbook or journalism staff? Come to a brief informational meeting in the little theater today at 12:35 for journalism (following the English 3H/AP presentations). Questions? See or email Ms. Radford.
- Want to Design and Build? Do you want to learn wood technology and advanced machinery including 3D printer, CNC milling machine, laser cutter and more? Come find out about “Design and Build”, the new engineering pathway at AHS with Physics and CAD classes! Don’t miss the informational lunch meeting this Friday in Room 301.
- Deadline for $20,000! Global Navigator Scholarship applications and letters of recommendation for a part of Albany's $20,000 are DUE on February 1. Students should check "Need & Merit" on the scholarship form in order to be awarded more than just 10% (Merit only) of program costs. If we have more than 10 qualified scholarship applicants, CIEE has more funds available, so go for it!
- Come out to Cougar Field to cheer on the Girls Varsity Soccer Team for the last league home game against Salesian and for Senior Night tonight at 6:00pm!! It would be great to have a big crowd to support the seniors, and the rest of the team. GO COUGARS!!
- Come hear the fabulous sounds of Albany High Jazz and R&B musicians and vocalists at Yoshi's Oakland, on Monday, February 8 at 8:00pm. It is a great evening for all, and ticket sales support music in all Albany schools. Ask any student in Jazz Band, Jazz Lab or Rhythm Bound for tickets or buy tickets online at Yoshis.com
College and Career
- Want to take a look inside the FBI? Check out the FBI Teen Academy. This one-day course is held once a year on the third Friday in April. Please e-mail email@example.com to be added to the distribution list. Applications are accepted this month of January only.
- The East Bay Regional Park District is hosting two Youth Job Fairs, on January 30 at Big Break Visitor Center in Oakley and February 6 at Richard C. Trudeau Training Center in Oakland, for upcoming summer jobs. For more information visit EBparks.org.
- Need help preparing for the SAT? We want to bring in FREE help for you, but we need demonstrated interest. If you would be interested in using these services, sign-up with Ms. Parrott in the FLEX office.
Clubs and Teams
- The Spring Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Feb. 4th at 3pm. Must submit ONLINE only. No paper copies will be accepted
- Early releases today:
- Varsity Boys Soccer at 1:45
- JV Girls Soccer and Boys/Girls Wrestling at 2:45