posted Jan 20, 2016, 4:25 PM by PTSA Moderator
No. 87Thursday, January 21st
8:10 - 10:08 5° Final
10:08 - 10:23 Break
10:28 - 12:26 7° FinalEarly Dismissal
Friday, January 22nd
8:10 - 10:08 6° Final
10:08 - 10:23 Break
10:28 - 12:26 Advisory/
- Come out to Cougar Field this afternoon for the last league home game against Hercules to cheer the men’s soccer team and for Senior Night!! It would be great to have a large crowd to support the seniors, and the rest of the team, in what is turning out to be tight race in TCAL Rock. JV kick-off at 4:00, Varsity at 6:00. The final home game of the season will be Saturday afternoon against Marin Academy at11:00 and 1:00. GO COUGARS!!
- ATTN SENIORS: During advisory next Wednesday you will be asked to verify the spelling of your name for high school your diploma. It is extremely important that you take this seriously as the computer does not always print your name the way it should appear on your diploma. NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES MADE AFTER THIS.
- Due to the new on-line scheduling process there will be informational meetings at lunch during the two-week period between Jan 25th & Feb 5th. This is to allow all students uninterrupted opportunities to hear what is required for all AP/Honors and Special Program courses. Specific dates of presentations will be sent home via email and posted in multiple locations around the atrium and other floors in the main building. As a result, there will be a moratorium on all club and other lunchtime meetings between Jan 25th and Feb 5th.
- Attention 9th, 10th and 11th graders: Do you know your Aeries login information? The course selection process for the 2016-2017 school year is approaching and you will now be registering for your classes online through Aeries. Please make sure that you know your Aeries login BEFORE Monday, February 8th. The login must be your student login, not your parent/guardian login. If you are in need of a code to access your account, please see your counselor or Ms. Rodden in the main office.
- Interested in taking a visual or performing arts class such as band, choir, art or dance? Not sure what those classes are like? Come to a lunchtime info session in the Little Theater on Monday, January 25th.
- The library will be open until 2 pm every day this week.
College and Career
- Need money for college? Then check out the YMCA's Dollars for Scholars event this Saturday, January 23rd, from 10am-2pm! The deadline to register has been extended. They are now taking registrants until Friday, January 22nd. In order to attend a student/parent/ just needs to RSVP using the form found at dollars.yscholars.org. If you have further questions,please contact Sierra Hampton SHampton@yscholars.orgor (209) 217-6827.
- Want to take a look inside the FBI? Check out the FBI Teen Academy. This one-day course is an exclusive opportunity for junior and senior high school students to get an overview of counterterrorism, counterintelligence, violent crime, cyber crime, public corruption and FBI careers. The Teen Academy is held once a year on the third Friday in April. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list. Applications are accepted this month of January only.
- Are you looking for research opportunities? CHORI Summer Research Internship Program is now ACCEPTING APPLICANTS. The Program provides the students with research training experience to stimulate interest in pursuing a career in the basic, biological, clinical and/or behavioral sciences in a friendly and nurturing environment. High School Applications are due: Monday, February 1st by 4:00 pm PST. If you have questions about the program, please contact Chandra Andrews-Wright, CHORI Summer Program Coordinator, email@example.com.
- Attention college-bound Seniors! AHS financial aid workshop is Wednesday, January 27th at 6:30pm. Register at EventBrite.com and search for the Cash for College event "CCFC2016”. Space is limited!
Clubs and Teams
- The Spring Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline is set for Thursday, Feb. 4th at 3pm. If you’re interested in participating on a spring sports team, then you need to submit your ONLINE athletic clearance by the Feb. 4th deadline. No paper copies of any paperwork will be accepted