posted Feb 24, 2016, 5:02 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH FACT OF THE DAY: In 1940, Hattie McDaniel was the first African-American performer to win an Academy Award (the film industry’s highest honor) for her portrayal of a loyal slave governess in “Gone with the Wind”.
- Attention 10th graders. 10th grade parent night is TONIGHT from 7:00 to 8:30 in the gym. The counselors will be discussing graduation and college requirements, as well as how to get involved with the school. See you there!
- Attention Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors. Please remember that the window for course selection closes this Sunday! Please make sure that all of your changes are in Aeries before the deadline. Your Course Request Signature Page will be due in your English class on Monday. Don't forget your parent signature!
- Freshman and Sophomores will be taking the California Healthy Kids Survey during Advisory this Friday, February 26th. Teachers, please do not give Advisory passes to Freshmen and Sophomores for Friday, February 26th. If parents do not want their student to take the survey, please notify the Attendance Office at 558-2512.
- Bell schedule for Friday, 2/26, is as follows:
- 8:10 - 9:40 2nd period
- 9:45 - 10:37 Advisory
- 10:37 - 10:47 Break
- 10:52 - 12:22 4th period
- 12:22 - 1:07 Lunch
- 1:12 - 2:42 6th period
- Like Art? If you are interested in taking AP studio art next year or Honors art please come to room 126 today for a brief rundown of the procedures and classes. What can Venture do for you? Come to a lunchtime info session today in Rm 202 to learn more.
- Join Let’s Bring Change to Mind Club at our movie night on Friday the 26th in the Little Theater at6:00pm. We’re showing “Silver Linings Playbook” with free admission. There will be food sold.
- Come out and support the Varsity Boys Basketball team as the host Campolindo H.S. in Cougar Gym in the 2nd Round of the NCS Championships on Friday, Feb. 26th at 7:00pm. The first 25 AHS students to arrive will be admitted FREE! Admission: $10.00: Adults $5.00: Student, Children, Seniors
- The lost and found will be donated on March 3. You can check for lost items in the attendance office.
- The Albany High free folders are back. Stop by the main office and pick one up while the supply lasts.
- Please donate professional clothing to Prospective Club’s clothing drive “Dress for Success”! Donations will go to low-income youth in Berkeley. You can place donations on the rack in the atrium.
College and Career
- Have you heard (or checked your e-mail)? AP Exam registration is live online! The deadline is February 25th, so go to http://bit.ly/AHSAP to register today.
- Attention Seniors. Only one week left! March 4th is the deadline to submit your application for the Berkeley Kiwanis Scholarship. Applications are available in the Counseling Office. Don't miss this opportunity.
Clubs and Teams
- Best Buddies Today Lunchtime Rm. 219
- Biology Club Today Lunch Rm. 306 There will be a dissection.
- One Heart Today Lunch Rm. 211
- Prospective Club Friday Lunch Rm. 309