posted Apr 20, 2016, 3:57 PM by PTSA Moderator
- Sophomores and Seniors taking AP Exams this year in May, must come to the mandatory Pre-Administration meeting today in the Little Theater at the start of lunchtime. If you don't attend today's pre-admin session and you didn't make other arrangements before spring break, you will not be assigned a seat for AP tests.
- Come to the Candidate’s Forum today at lunch in the courtyard and learn what those running for office next year have to offer! Also remember to vote online this Thursday afternoon thru Friday afternoon for your favorite candidates!
- Bring Change to Mind Club will be hosting a movie night on Friday from 7:00 – 9:30 in Rm 109B. We will be showing Silver Linings Playbook and providing free food. IHS teachers will be offering extra credit for going! See you there!
- Get ready for next Friday the 29th’s Bubble Fest! Bring bubbles, your friends, your food, your spirit and head out to the amphitheater during lunch for some fun!
- Interested in playing Co-Ed Lunchtime IM Softball? Rosters must be turned into Ms. Vasarhely no later than Friday, April 29th. Please include team name with roster and note that there can only be 1 varsity softball and baseball player per team.
- Best Buddies Friendship Walk is on Saturday from 8:30-12 in Golden Gate Park. Transportation is on your own but you need a signed permission slip. If you want to carpool or need a permission slip, talk to one of the officers or come by Room 219.
- To all senior students attending the Grad Night trip to Disneyland: Please pick up your grad night info packet from the office today. The forms need to be completed and returned to the office by Wednesday April 27th. These forms need to be completed in order for you to attend. Thank you.
College and Career
- Attention Latino Seniors! Conexion Latina wants to celebrate your graduation! If you are interested in participating in Latino Achievement Celebration please sign up and contact Sra. Valadez by e-mail or room 212.
- Are you exploring possible majors and career interests? Visit UC Berkeley this Sunday. Register online. Check the bulletin board for more information.
- Hey Seniors, do you need to take a placement test in order to enroll for Fall 2016 for one of the Peralta colleges (Berkeley City College, Laney, Merrit or College of Alameda)? Are you a 9th, 10th or 11th grader wanting to take a community college summer course at one of the Peralta colleges and need to take your placement tests? Your counselors have set up a time just for AHS students to take placement tests at BCC Monday, May 2 at 1:00pm. The placement tests can be used for any of the Peralta Colleges. Please sign up in the counseling office by April 29th. You must have completed your online application and have your BCC/Peralta student ID number to reserve a spot.
- Seniors are you planning on attending a community college? Berkeley City College will be here today during lunch in Rm 201. They will be discussing how to register, enroll in classes, placement tests and how to transfer to a 4 year university. If you are planning on going to another community college please still come because the process of applying and attending is the same for all community colleges and the session will be very valuable.
- The 5th annual Career Technical Education Open House is this Saturday April 23rd 10:00am to 2:30pm at Laney College. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn all about what it takes to have a career in a variety of departments such as architecture/engineering, media communications, culinary arts, cosmetology, photography, graphic arts and many other fast growing industries. To pre-register please visit http://www.laney.edu/wp/cteopenhouse/
- Students (ages 9-17), their parents, and interested educators are invited to a Summer Institute for the Gifted Info Session at UC Berkeley on Tuesday, April 26th, at 7pm. For more information and to RSVP, contact Kristin Bernor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubs and Teams
- One Heart Today Lunch Rm 211
- Speech & Debate Club will not meet at lunch today due to the candidate’s forum. New and returning members should still come after school today. Both lunch and after school meetings in the coming weeks are perfect for new members to join!
- UNICEF Club Friday Lunch Rm 211
- Early releases for today:
- Swimming at 1:30
- Boys Golf and Track at 2:00
- Boys Tennis at 2:45