posted Sep 27, 2011, 10:17 PM by AHS Webmaster
Block B Schedule
- Attention Students: We are going to hold our 2nd "game of the week" event, The Cougar Clash, this Thursday, Sept. 29. Come out and support our Cross Country Team as they face St. Mary's and Kennedy. The meet starts at 3:30 pm at Tilden Park.
- REGISTRATION for the Albany High School PSAT starts on Wednesday, September 28th and the cost is $25.00 payable by check to Albany High School or exact change. Priority registration for juniors will be Wednesday, Sept. 28th and Thursday, Sept 29th. Sophomore registration begins Friday, Sept. 30th and
- Monday, Oct. 3rd. Grades 9 – 11 are eligible for this test. Open registration for 9th, 10th and 11th grades begins Tuesday, Oct. 4th. Registration is held at the outside book room window.
- Mini Grant applications are available in the Main Office
- Today’s lunch menu:
- Deli Sandwiches, Chicken Garden Salad, Teriyaki chicken & Lasagna
- Vegetarian menu: Veggie Lasagna, Fruit, Juice and Milk
- College Visits - Sign up in the Counseling Office. Teacher permission required.
The Counseling Office is still seeking Peer Tutors. Help your fellow students, gain great experience and maybe even make some money. There will be a meeting for all peer tutors this Friday, 9/30 during advisory in the library. Current peer tutors will receive advisory passes. See Ms. Burns if you are not currently a peer tutor but are interested in attending.
- Today - Whittier College @1:30pm
- Thurs. 9/29 - Bard College @ 8:15; Tufts University @ 10:30; University of British Columbia @ 12:00
- Fri. 9/30 - Case Western @ 8:15; Wesleyan @ 10:15
- Body Positive - today, lunch, Rm. 212.
- Model UN Club, today, lunch Rm. 207. New members welcome.
- Black S. U. – today, lunch, Rm. 104. snacks will be provided. We will discuss what BSU has planned this year.
- Key Club – today, lunch, Rm. 302
- Sports Medicine Club – today, beginning of lunch, Rm. 306. Bring your lunch and a friend
- UNICEF Club – today, lunch, Rm. 214. Bring a friend
- South Asian S.U. – Thurs., lunch, Rm. 218
- Origami Club – Thurs., lunch, Rm. 205
- Archery Club - Thursday, lunch, Rm. 308
- Wrestling – Sign up meeting Thursday, 9/29, at lunch in the wrestling room. All interested please attend.
- Best Buddies Party –Thursday, 9/29, Lunchtime, Room 219. Everyone is Welcome!
- Mock Trial Club meets Friday, September 30, in Rm. 110 during lunch.
- Freshman” Friday is the last day to pre-order your class t-shirt for $13. Price goes up to $15. Come during Lunch to the table in front of the school.
- Body Positive Leaders - Friday, Advisory, Little Theater. Advisory absences will be cleared.
- At the beginning of 4th period and after taking role, bring all 9th & 10th graders to the gym for the “Secrets” assembly.