posted Sep 26, 2011, 6:22 PM by AHS Webmaster
Block A Schedule
- Attention Students: We are going to hold our 2nd "game of the week" event, The Cougar Clash, this Thursday, Sept. 29. Come out and support our Cross Country Team as they face St. Mary's and Kennedy. The meet starts at 3:30 pm at Tilden Park.
- Come support the women’s tennis team against Salesian after school at Memorial Park.
- REGISTRATION for the Albany High School PSAT starts on Wednesday, September 28th and the cost is $25.00 payable by check to Albany High School or exact change. Priority registration for juniors will be Wednesday, Sept. 28th and Thursday, Sept 29th. Sophomore registration begins Friday, Sept. 30th and
- Monday, Oct. 3rd. Grades 9 – 11 are eligible for this test. Open registration for 9th, 10th and 11th grades begins Tuesday, Oct. 4th. Registration is held at the outside book room window.
- College Visits - Sign up in the Counseling Office. Teacher permission required.
The Counseling Office is still seeking Peer Tutors. Help your fellow students, gain great experience and maybe even make some money. There will be a meeting for all peer tutors this Friday, 9/30 during advisory in the library. Current peer tutors will receive advisory passes. See Ms. Burns if you are not currently a peer tutor but are interested in attending.Reminder to students who purchased a Cougar Pass at the football games: you need to exchange the temporary red pass that they gave you for an athletic photo ID card. Come to the bookroom at lunchtime.Planners will be sold @ lunchtime outside of the bookroom window. Cost is $5. Please have exact change or check payable to AHS.Mandatory meeting for all participants in trip to Italy in February during lunch in Rm 215.
- Wed. 9/28 - Whittier College @1:30pm
- First meeting of BUILD HOPE today at lunch in Rm 22 (choir room). Come and learn about BUILD HOPE and be a part of BUILD HOPE.
- Math Club meets today at lunch in Rm 312. New members welcome – we have candy!
- Mock Trial Club meets Friday, September 30, in Rm 110 during lunch.
- Archery Club meets Thursday, September 29, in Rm 308 during lunch.
- The Body Positive Club will meet Wednesday in Rm 212 during lunch. The leaders of the Body Positive will ALSO meet during advisory on Friday in the Theatre, please come directly, advisory absences will be cleared.
- Wrestling – Sign up meeting Thursday, 9/29, at lunch in the wrestling room. All interested please attend.
- Please excuse the women’s tennis players today at 2:45.