posted Dec 15, 2016, 8:45 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Do you have any comments, questions, ideas or concerns for your student leadership? Let us know! Fill out and drop off your Cougar concerns at the leadership board on the first floor!
- SENIORS -- ATTENTION! If you did not get to select your senior portrait and would like to do so, please see Ms Radford in room 206 this week or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Prospective Club is running a clothing drive this week. Drop off warm clothes in the atrium.
College and Career
- CAL GRANT important: Attention Seniors, we no longer are able to access social security numbers in Aeries. We are not able to submit your Cal Grant information electronically. You will need to complete your portion of the CAL Grant GPA Verification form that is provided by the California Student Aid Commission. This form was emailed to you, hard copies are available in the Counseling Office and on the AHS website under the Counseling tab “Preparing for College Applications”. The DEADLINE to turn in the form is Friday, January 6th to the Counseling Office.
- If you took the PSAT you might have just earned a $1,000 scholarship. And if you scored really well, you could be eligible for up to $7500 more. Go to Raise.Me to see if the college you want to attend is offering PSAT money.
- You already wrote it! Why Not submit it for publication and prize money? The Best College Essays Competition is now accepting submissions. If you've written a quality composition, give it shot. You've got nothing to lose, but you could win a lot. For more information visit: bestcollegeessays2016.submittable.com.
- Hey Cougars! There's still time for making the pledge to Graduate for Mas! Get tips, tools, and texts about everything from navigating high school to acing interviews and it's not just for Seniors. Complete challenges and collect badges for the chance to win scholarships for yourself and a grant for AHS. Sign-up at graduateformas.com today!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WINTER BREAK. SCHOOL STARTS BACK ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 3rd – BLOCK A SCHEDULE