posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:53 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Sophomores – please submit homecoming t-shirt designs on our Facebook page by Wednesday, September 11th. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask Meggie, Justin, Rachel, Michael or Jane.
- The VENTURE store is open after school and during lunch every day except Friday. We are also open before school on Wednesdays. Thanks to your customer suggestions, we are now selling the official school planners. This week’s special is a black/red/blue or gray zippered pencil case with two Albany High logo pencils and a logo pen for just $5. Stop by and check it out.
- Lockers will be issued today to freshmen and students new to AHS with last names beginning A-M. Students must share lockers with a partner. Locks are $5. Continuing students may come to the book room window on Friday, September 6, to get new lockers or change lockers.
- Attention Seniors: Would you like extra help with your UC & CSU applications? Then consider signing-up for the H.Y.P.H.E.E mentorship program sponsored by UC Berkeley. This free program pairs you up with an undergraduate student, who can help you with the application process, including your Personal Statement. Come pick up more information at the Counseling Office. Applications are due on 9/27.
- Every fall, college admissions counselors travel across the country to meet with Albany students to share about their universities and admission process. This is a wonderful opportunity for all students to learn about various colleges and the unique programs that they offer. College visits take place at the Counseling Office, and you have to sign-up and get your teacher's permission in order to attend. A current list of schools is posted on the AHS web calendar. The first visit starts on 9/10! Come sign up at the Counseling Office or talk to Ms. Fan if you have any questions.
- Returning members of Book Addicts Anonymous should come to the library at lunch on Monday to plan for Club Rush. Meet at the comfy chairs.
- Do you like academics? Literature, history, politics, math, science, the arts, pop culture – anything!! Come to the first Quiz Bowl meeting, Friday 9/13, at lunch in Rm 215.
- First Math Club meeting, Rm 312, Tuesday at lunch. Come if you want candy.
- All three AHS volleyball teams are going to be at three locations on Saturday, Sept. 7th, to sell raffle tickets for the Cougar Challenge. Varsity will be at Safeway on Solano, JV will be at Trader Joe's, and Freshman will be at Lucky's (both at the El Cerrito Plaza). We will be selling tickets from 10-2 at all three of these locations.
- Prizes are as follows:
- Apple iPad
- Premium headphones
- Tahoe getaway
- $1000 auto body/paint work
- Drawing held at the Cougar Challenge on Sept 14th. Need not be present to win.