posted Sep 4, 2013, 5:55 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Sophomores – please submit homecoming t-shirt designs on our Facebook page by Wednesday, September 11th. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask Meggie, Justin, Rachel, Michael or Jane.
- The VENTURE store is open after school and during lunch every day except Friday. We are also open before school on Wednesdays. Thanks to your customer suggestions, we are now selling the official school planners. This week’s special is a black/red/blue or gray zippered pencil case with two Albany High logo pencils and a logo pen for just $5. Stop by and check it out.
- Lockers will be issued to freshmen and students new to AHS today: last names beginning A-M may come today. Students must share lockers with a partner. Locks are $5. Continuing students may come to the book room window on Friday, September 6 to get new lockers or change lockers.
- If you would like to go to the library for Advisory, make sure to get an Advisory pass from Ms. Oremland ahead of time, either after school the day before Advisory or before school the day of Advisory.
- If you borrowed AHS library books for the summer you need to return or renew them now.
- Attention Seniors: Would you like extra help with your UC & CSU applications? Then consider signing up for the H.Y.P.H.E.E mentorship program sponsored by UC Berkeley. This free program pairs you up with an undergraduate student, who can help you with the application process, including your Personal Statement. Come pick up more information at the Counseling Office. Applications are due on 9/27.
- Every fall, college admissions counselors travel across the country to meet with Albany students to share about their universities and admission process. This is a wonderful opportunity for all students to learn about various colleges and the unique programs that they offer. College visits take place at the Counseling Office, and you have to sign-up and get your teacher's permission in order to attend. A current list of schools is posted on the AHS web calendar. The first visit starts on 9/10! Come sign-up at the Counseling Office or talk to Ms. Fan if you have any questions.
- The Mock Trial Club will be meeting in Ms. Dolci’s room (M4) at lunch today. Interested students welcomed.
- Please dismiss tennis team players at 2:30 pm for an away match vs. Berkeley.