posted Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Students who ordered pictures at orientation may pick up their picture packets in the Attendance Office at break, lunch, or after school.
- There are still many students who have not turned in the Acknowledgement Form that was handed out in Advisory on the first day of school. It requires a student and parent signature. Please return these signed forms immediately to the attendance office.
- Want to go to the library for Advisory? You MUST get an advisory pass from the librarian ahead of time. For Wednesday advisories, pick up a pass after school Tuesday or before school Wednesday. For Friday advisories pick up a pass after school Thursday or before school Friday. Students will not be admitted to the library without a valid advisory pass.
- Close-Up Meeting today in Room M3 at lunch. If you are planning on attending the inauguration trip to Washington DC or would like to find out more about it, please come to Room M3 at lunc. See you there!
- Join the Albany Community Triathlon, a beginner-friendly event (400m swim, 10k bike, 3k run) at Memorial Park, 8:00 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012. Info and registration at AlbanyTri.com. Entry fee: $39 (early-bird reg. ends 9/16) – includes t-shirt & water bottle. Proceeds support Albany HS athletics.
- Seniors please join us on for College Application Night where we will talk about all that you need to know in order to apply to the CSU, UC and Private universities. The college application night will be on September 20th in the little theater from 7pm to 8:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors, The Alameda County Youth Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for participants who are interested in government and politics. This is a free, award-winning program that gives students the opportunity to learn about and discuss County programs and services, develop leadership skills and meet students from schools throughout Alameda County. For more information, please pick up a flyer at the Counseling office or apply online at acgov.org/youthleadership.
- This Monday will be the second official meeting for Youth & Government. If you have an interest in speech, debate, legislation or networking with 3,000 other California high school students, come to the YMCA on Solano and Cornell at 7:30 this Monday.
- Test Prep Club’s first meeting of the year will be this Friday at lunch in Rm 301. We offer peer to peer tutoring, a compilation of scholarships and internships, SAT/ACT workshops, college prep guest speakers, AP preparations and other such resources. Come, there will be chips and cookies.
- Explore the expansive world of art -- join art history club. First meeting is this Friday at lunch in Rm 215. All welcome.
- Fashion Design Club is meeting today at lunch in Rm M4. Please come to plan the very first AHS fashion’s night out while enjoying refreshments. New members are extremely welcome!
- Mural Project Club will be meeting Friday during lunch in Rm 111. Come find out what the club is about and design posters for our club rush. All delegated team members and new and interested people are welcome.
- Debate Club – prep session today after school in Rm. 201. New members welcome
- There will be an Earth Team meeting today, 9/13, in Rm 302.
- Mountain bike team: Meet in room 313 today at lunch. New riders welcome.
- Best Buddies Annual Kick-Off Pizza Party is today at lunch in Rm 219. Enjoy pizza and beverages while learning what Best Buddies is all about. Lower classmen are extremely encouraged to attend. See you there!
- Please excuse players for Thurs. 9/13 tennis match at 2:45pm. Come support the team at Memorial vs. Hercules.