posted Sep 10, 2013, 3:51 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- The library will be closed for CELDT testing several periods this week. The library will be completely closed today during 4th period, Thursday during 5th period and Friday during 4th period.
- The VENTURE student store is open at lunch every day this week, after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and before school on Wednesday and Friday. We have what you need to study -- index cards, highlighters. We have what you need to keep organized -- planners, binders, folders, pencil cases. We have what you need to show your school spirit -- Cougars t-shirts, hats, jewelry -- even "Go Cougars" pencils and pens. Come check us out in the Gym Lobby.
- Freshmen interested in homecoming activities; powder puff, lipsync, food eating, boys’ volleyball or decorating the school, please come to Rm 18 today at lunch. Also, if you have a t-shirt design for freshman t-shirts please submit them online on our facebook page by Friday.
- There will be a mandatory meeting for all club presidents today at the beginning of lunch if you would like to reserve a table for club rush day, held in room 214.
- On behalf of the AHS Recycling Team, I am asking for your help with maintaining debris free recycling bins. The only items to go into the blue/yellow recycling bins are as follows: clean (reused) paper, folded cardboard, empty plastic bottles, empty milk cartons, numbered plastic. Other items are considered waste: candy wrappers, pizza boxes, food contaminated cardboard trays, general food waste. Pls. keep the recycling bins clean! Thanks!
- Attention students that have not found a Service Assignment: you must do so ASAP. Your counselor can help assist you in this process.
- Sophomores – please submit homecoming t-shirt designs on our Facebook page – deadline is today. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask Meggie, Justin, Rachel, Michael or Jane.
- The following colleges are visiting Albany High this week: Barnard College, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Colgate University, Soka University, and Carnegie Mellon University. Please sign-up at the Counseling office.
- Attention Seniors: our annual College Application Information Night is scheduled for Wednesday, September 25th, at 7:00 PM in the Little Theater. Counselors will be presenting an overview of the application processes for 4-year-college-bound students.
- Key Club meeting today during lunch in Rm 302.
- The first meeting of the Art Club is today in Rm 128 during lunch. Everyone who is interested is welcome.
- Do you like academics? Literature, history politics, math science, the arts, pop culture – anything! Come to the first Quizbowl meeting on Friday, 9/13, at lunch in Rm 215.
- Everyone interested in participating in Chamber Music Club leadership should come to Mr. Bryant’s room on Thursday at lunch. We will be discussing Club Rush Day preparations, leadership elections and planning for our first concert. See you there.
- The Model UN Club will meet today at lunch in Room 207.