posted Oct 25, 2013, 6:53 PM by PTSA Moderator
- Congratulations to Andrew Lou for being the 2013 intramural Singles badminton champion. Along with that, again congratulations to Andrew Lou and Jason Choi for being the 2013 intramural Doubles team champions. Great job guys!!!
- On November 5th there will be a blood drive in the gym. You must be at least 16 years old to donate. Sign up and pick up forms in the Attendance Office.
- This is a message to all you people that got caught slipping without any spirit gear. The Venture store has all the last minute accessories you need to show your class spirit, so make sure to come the gym lobby today!
- If you want your class to gain more homecoming points, donate now to the canned food drive. The food drive will be located near each homecoming event October 28th thru November 1st. We will not take expired canned foods.
- The Albany High School Choir is hosting its first movie night of the year. Come see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" this Wednesday at 7:00 PM and sing-a-long to your favorite songs from this Halloween/Christmas crossover. It’s $3 for students and $5 adults, and you can get homecoming points for being there! We hope to see you there!
- Have you ever wanted to write a novel but didn't think you could? You should do Na No Wri Mo*, the National Novel Writing Month project and try to write a novel during the month of November. It's a free online program where you can find writing buddies and get ideas, tips, and encouragements to get it done. See Ms. Oremland in the library if you'd like to find out who else at AHS is participating. NaNoWriMo begins November 1st.
- Seniors: not sure how to fill out your CSU, UC and private applications? Do you need someone to edit your application? Then stop by room 310 Mondays from 3:30 to 5pm for help by Mrs.A. Computers will be available during this time. If you cannot make it after school, counselors will be available at lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays to help!
- The Model UN Club will meet during the first 15 minutes of lunch on Wednesday, Oct. 30, in Room 207.
- Chamber Music Club today lunch Rm 20.