posted Oct 23, 2013, 3:39 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- On November 5th there will be a blood drive in the gym. You must be at least 16 years old to donate. Sign up and pick up forms in the Attendance Office.
- Want to learn more about influential hero, Mahatma Gandhi? Come to M1 at lunch this Friday to watch Gandhi, the Movie.
- The Senior Panoramic Photo will be taken tomorrow during advisory. Senior advisories will go to the gym to be photographed. The cost to order a print is $18 laminated/$30 framed. Order envelopes are available in the Attendance Office.
- Homecoming is right around the corner and we have all everyone needs to accessorize for next week. Come check out our face paint, beads, glasses, sweatbands and balloons. Remember these new products are all available in your class colors. The Venture store is located in the gym lobby and we are open every day during lunch: Tuesday thru Thursday after school and Wednesday thru Friday before school. Come check it out before everything is gone!
- If you want your class to gain more homecoming points, donate now to the canned food drive. The food drive will be located near each homecoming event thru October 28th thru November 1st. We will not take expired canned foods.
- The Albany High School Choir is hosting its first movie night of the year. Come see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" on Wednesday, October 30, at 7:00 PM and sing-a-long to your favorite songs from this Halloween/Christmas crossover. It’s $3 for students and $5 adults, and you can get homecoming points for being there! We hope to see you there!
- This Friday come to the amphitheater and get a chance to win homecoming points for your class. Play Earth Team’s “Scores for the Environment” by throwing items into the correct bins: recycling, compost or landfill for up to 40 points. The player with the highest score gests 20 homecoming points for their class!
- Interested in playing 3 on 3 basketball at lunch. See Ms. Vasarhely to sign up your team. Must be signed up by Friday, Oct. 25th
- Many families missed the opportunity to update student emergency information and contact authorizations including military recruitment permission. THE WINDOW HAS BEEN RE-OPENED. Go to the parent portal on AERIES (https://abi.ausdk12.org/aeriesportal). The window will close again on November 4. It is vital that all families check and update this information.
- Seniors: not sure how to fill out your CSU, UC and private applications? Do you need someone to edit your application? Then stop by room 310 Mondays from 3:30 to 5pm for help by Mrs.A. Computers will be available during this time. If you cannot make it after school, counselors will be available at lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays to help!
- Table Top & Gaming Club First Meeting Friday, October 25th Lunchtime Library See Anthony in Room 219 for questions.
- Math Clubbers, come to room 310 today at lunch for the Interstellar tournament! They will be every Thursday for the next 3 weeks.
- Please come to our Chamber Music Club meeting on Monday, 11/4 at lunch in Rm 20.
- Leos Club today lunch Rm 211
- Bake Club Friday lunch Rm 211 If you cannot make it contact Abegail for the information.
- Comix Club today lunch library
- Best Buddies Party today lunch Rm 219
- Science Club Friday lunch Rm 313 Mandatory meeting! Re: Science Bowl and Ocean Sciences Bowl Regional
- Please excuse tennis team players today at 2:40 pm.