posted Oct 23, 2012, 7:46 AM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Congrats to the Albany girls cross country team for a first place finish at the prestigious Mt. Sac invitational race. This invitational is rated as a top national event. Leading the team were Annabel Driussi, Jacey and Jilly De La Torre, Dorothea Miller, Suzanne Becker, Amber Saw, and Ya Davis. The team just completed the TCAL meet portion of its schedule, finishing up with a 9-1 record. Next up is an expected battle for top honors with St. Mary's at the league championships on November 1st at Point Pinole.
- If you have ever considered becoming a lifeguard, the Albany Aquatic Center is offering an American Red Cross lifeguard certification class, to be offered on Sundays for 6 weeks. Lifeguarding offers great job opportunities during the summer or when you're off to college. For those of you who are interested in babysitting or want to become responsible members of the community with the training to respond to emergency situations, the Albany Aquatic Center is also offering First Aid/CPR & AED classes on the weekends. Please contact the Albany Aquatic Center for details regarding course dates and costs.
- On Friday, 10/26, seniors will report to advisory where attendance will be taken. Your advisory teacher will then take you to the gym for a presentation from Achievers, our cap & gown company. The representative will hold an informational meeting re: graduation orders.
- This coming Wednesday, the Close Up Program will be having a fundraiser at Rubio's. All you have to do is pick up a flyer at the main office or from Ms. Hudson in room M3, and, after dining at Rubio's, present the flyer to the cashier, and 20% of your purchase will go to helping us fund Close Up's trip to DC for the presidential inauguration.
- Mini grants applications are available at the office. Applications are due on October 29th! You can also download it from the website.
- The following colleges are visiting AHS this week: California College of the Arts, Willamette University, Clark University, and Vassar College. Please sign-up at the Counseling Office.
- Seniors do you have questions about how you to pay for college? Then don't miss Financial Aid Night on Wednesday, October 24th, from 7pm to 8:30pm in the little theater. Please download the materials for the evening prior to coming to the event. You can find the information on the AHS counseling website under the financial aid night tab.
- buildOn meeting today at lunch in Rm 206. Come to help plan fundraising for building a school in Nepal this spring.
- The Mural Project Club will be meeting in Rm 111 today. There will be lots of planning and painting today. Come and contribute to the school’s new developing mural!
- Tea Club meets this Wednesday in Rm 208 during lunch. We will be serving English tea, shortbread and mini scones. Anyone is welcome.
- Women's Soccer program informational meeting: Are you interested in being a part of the women's soccer program? Meet the head coach and get information regarding try-outs and the upcoming winter season. New and returning players welcome. Thursday October 25 at 12:55 in room 217.
- All girls interested in Technovation should submit their applications to Mr. Morris or Ms. Oremland by Friday October 26th. Applications are still available in the library or room 310.