posted Oct 1, 2012, 3:19 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- CAHSEE Testing for 11th and 12th grade students who need to take the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) is happening this week. Today Tuesday Oct 2nd is the English portion and Wednesday Oct 3rd is the Math portion. You should have received a notice explaining where you need to go on the day of the exam. Please see your counselor if you have any questions. Good Luck!
- Come support the women’s tennis team today for their home match against St. Mary’s.
- Easy Way to Help AHS Prepare for Emergencies: Drop Off Empty Gatorade Bottles This Week! You can help AHS prepare for emergencies by bringing empty wide mouth plastic bottles this week. Please put them in the labeled black plastic trash bag outside the Main Office.
- Registration for the PSAT is happening now! Sign up at the bookroom window at lunch. Cost is $25, exact change or check to AUSD. The PSAT will take place at AHS on Saturday, Oct. 20 from 8:00 to noon.
- The following colleges are visiting AHS this week: New York University, Dominican University, and UC Berkeley. Please sign up at the Counseling office.
- Seniors regular decision: your packets are due to your counselor by Monday October 15th.
- Seniors need more help with college applications? Make sure you come to the CSU Application Tips session at lunch today in the little theater.
- Juniors and Seniors College Night is going to be on Wednesday October 10th from 7:30 to 9:30pm. Community College, CSU, UC, and private school representatives will be providing great information that you do not want to miss.
- Tea Club will be serving green tea and pocky Wednesday at lunch in Rm 208. Feel free to stop by. Anyone is welcome.
- Come to a buildOn meeting today at lunch in Rm 206. There will be lots of food and we will be discussing our plans for this year.
- Come attend the Mural Project Club in Rm 111. All students welcome! We will be discussing new mural extensions today. Anyone with ideas is more than welcome.
- There will be a sign-up meeting Wednesday, October 3, at lunch in the wrestling room – all invited.
- Please excuse women’s tennis players today at 2:45 for their match.